Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Day 141. Still no action, still no word from the mystery boy, still no socks.

That's right, I have no socks... well I have no remaining clean pairs of the socks I like to wear. Tomorrow is laundry day though! (Shhh, don't tell!)

But as for Tuesday, I got up, turned in the paper that I did last night, and then I spent 7 hours in the jewelry lab. Yeah, that's right, 7 STRAIGHT HOURS. RIDICULOUS. But I did get a whole lot done.

Then I came home, only to have the weirdest conversation ever with good ol' fatty (aka Becky) about llamas, the Swedish national anthem, pandas, the JFK assassination and the "magic bullet theory", yetties, Canadian government-subsidized healthcare, and Richard Simmons... (I swear! Every single one of those things was involved in that order in the conversation! There was also a t-rex with laser eyes involve in there somewhere too...) But after that conversation I was left curious about something, so I began to informally poll people with the following question:

Ok, you have been mauled by a pack of wild yetties, and your face is ripped off in the attack, You now have the option of living the rest of you life either with no face at all, or spending the rest of your life with the face of Richard Simmons, what do you do?

(At present this is still an informal survey, but I've already begun to notice areally interesting correlation between certain lifestyle demographic characteristics and which optoin is chosen... please feel free to contribute your two cents to the whole thing!)

I know I'm behind on quotes, and I've got some good ones, but I don't feel like tracking them down to post them... you'll get them soon enough. (Remember all those times when I was early... yeah, so be forgiving!)

No comments: