Thursday, December 30, 2004

I don't know why it is that I come home from Chicago and all of a sudden I become incapable of composing blog entries until 2:30 in the morning... I really don't. But alas I have once again let another day go by, and not gotten to the blog until nearly bedtime.

Since mom and I went shopping and drinking this evening, I am rather tired now and once again I'm putting off the blog entry that I have promised you. My sincerest apoogies. I will however tempt you with some of the topics I'm working on for you:

  1. How I am slowly turning into my mom
  2. How some things (for better, or for the worse) never seem to change
  3. Why dial-up interned service makes me want to kill myself
  4. Why I can't be left alone with the internet, a season of "Sex and the City", a credit card, and a hankerin' for beautiful new footwear.
  5. How much I miss Kirsten... and DAVE.
  6. How awesome my Christmas was!
See, so once I get off my lazy ass... or rather, as I will be sitting as I'm typing these entries, ON my lazy ass, you can see that you will have plenty to read and be entertained by. I only do this because I care... and because I forgot your birthday, or didn't bake you some muffins, or because I told on you when I caught you eating babies and you got mad at me for it... or something. Anyway... I promise I'll try to do better.

================================

QOTD - (Since Kirsten called this evening, she owns it... and alas she's bridging the gap into the new year... HOW GLORIOUS!)

12.31.04 - "Liz, I know you think you've seen some hickies in your day, and I thought I'd seen some real doozies in mine... HELL, I've had some real doozies in mine, or so I thought! This monstrosity was seriously 3 inches wide and like ... at LEAST 6 inches vertically! And it wasn't like it was on the side where we could cover it with hair or a high neck sweater, no, it was on her fuckin' throat! I tried putting makeup on it, and I felt like a mortician! I think the only way to divert attention from it would have been for me to slit my own throat, but even then they still would have noticed it!" ~Kirsten, on trying to cover her sister's monster hickie (And what a glorious way to close out 2004)

1.1.05 - "Yeah well all I really do anymore is go to work, go to class, and go to the bar... and if I'm not actively doing any of that, it's only because I'm outside havin' a quick smoke." ~Kirsten

1.2.05 - "My mom sends me money every week for food... but what Pam doesn't realize is that I'll spend 20 bucks stocking up on 32 cent boxes of off-brand macaroni and cheese and ramen noodles, and I'll eat a box of crackers for dinner, just so that I can spend the rest of the money on alcohol and cigarettes... my goal is to cut down for the spring term." ~Kirsten, on having priorities.

No comments: