Sunday, December 19, 2004

You make me nervous.

The semester is all over now. THANK GOD. My system was so thrown off by all that studying and whatnot that the weekend was pretty much ruined. Basically I don't think I've ever slept that much over the course of a two day period. Friday, after my second final I went to work, then came home and slept. I got up in time to go out, got all gussied up for the masses, had Mendez (who was WASTED!), Joshua, Alana, Ben, over [Edited at request] and we had a few rounds around the peninsula and after a while we realized that it was midnight, so if were going out, we needed to get on it. So we headed for the el... and we didn't get on a train. Yup, drama kept us from getting on a train. That is something we won't get into... but suffice it to say that I was not pleased about having put forth all the effort to make myself presentable in addition to the cost of the roughly 2 pounds of makeup I put on... (Just kidding, it was really only about a pound and a half.) and then we didn't even end up going out to the bars. (Like I noted in my away message, I don't think Friday should be counted against me because lord knows that in spite of my total exhaustion, I put forth the effort, and it was not my fault that we never made it to the bars as I had planned... this is why I was disgruntled the other night, and I have not intention of really getting into it, because I'm not salty, shit happens, and it's over now.)

Saturday I got up, went to the post office, got made fun of by a homeless guy, went to the bookstore where I was promptly violated. (Apparently I so grossly abused my books by NOT opening them, that they were devalued to the point of being worth only 62 dollars... down significantly from the original 450 I paid.) This is madness. Then I went to work, and you all know how that goes... On my way home I stopped to pick up some hot pockets ... (they're on sale this week, you know) and that pretty much brings us up to speed, because I've done little more than sleep, watch televised sports, and do some recreational reading. (As you should all know by now, this was my intended plan for how to best spend the break) Me gusta mucho! (Probaby not proper spanish I know, but I really don't give a damn)

================================

I (Heart) James Franko

================================

Dave has been abducted by the yetties again!

================================

As for the drought, I'm tired of people telling me to just relax, and not think about it. Believe me when I tell you that relaxing and not thinking about it is an impossibility. After 152 it's all I can do to keep from making out with the TV whenever there's a hot guy on... P.S. I've noticed that Calvin Klein perfume commercials are the hardest to watch. And believe it or not, the commercials for erectile dysfunction come in second. (And I'm kinda weirded out by the fact I'm even bothered by old folks kissin.)

================================

QOTD
12.18.04 - [Edited at request.]

12.19.04 - "I come from an African American family, Gina. Fried chicken is what kills my people." ~ Crystal Page, courtesy of Sarah V.

12.20.o4 - "I'm starting to think I live in a musical... People around me just randomly burst into song. I swear if I see someone bust out a tap solo, I'm checkin everywhere for cameras." ~Emily S.

================================

TOTD
Plumb - "Damaged"

Avion - "Seven Days Without You"

Massive Attack - "Teardrop"

No comments: