Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Shaun is all pissed off because he seems to think he was misquoted. Well you know what I have to say to that? Stop being a whiny bitch and deal with it! (but since you're my boss I'd say it with enough respect to not get fired... but really, if you fired me you'd be up shit creek without a paddle, and I have a feeling you'd be doing a lot more laundry yourself!) But Shaun's complaint prompted me to see if I needed to make a revision in the announcement of quote of the day, noting a paraphrase or something, and I actually checked on that, and if you will kindly refer to the first entry in which QOTD is posted (I've linked to it here for ease of navigation) please note that I did in fact make the provision that quotes might not be exact, but if you have a problem you can certainly present me with the problem and a suggestion for wording on the needed revision. So, basically I just told you where you can stick it.

===============================

I was recently talking to SIDintern, Ms Jennifer Westfall about some things, and we got to talking about hair. No, not like "Oh, how am I going to do my hair for the big dance" or "I think I want to drop out of college and sweep hair at a salon for a living" but a phenomenon which occurs when dealing with human hair. Human hair is considered sexy, beautiful, etc. as long as it's still attached to the head. People enjoy running their fingers through the hair of people they know well, and love, people they are friendly and/or intimate with, but the second the hair is no longer attached to the head it suddenly becomes dirty and gross. Think about it, when you find a hair on your clothes, or your sofa, or the floor, even if it's yours or belonging to someone you know and love, you still consider it gross. Funny how the one second between when the hair is on the head and when the hair is on anything else makes something that was otherwise attractive suddenly so repulsive.

*Please note that this entry is ony referring to the hair above the shoulders... so no comments about other hair please.

================================

Ok, so I've talked to about 80 people about the yetti-face-ripping scenario. I didn't keep any formal written results, but based on observed trends, here's what I can tell you:

  • Boys were about 2 times more likely to be ok with looking like Richard Simmons for the rest of their lives than girls.
  • About 2/3 of the people who said they would rather look like Richard Simmons also said something about using their new face to capitalize on his fame.
  • A few people (myself included) who said they would rather have no face said that they would definitely write a book about having no face, and go on Oprah and Montel. (Maury really only does paternity tests anymore, so he's out.)
  • A few responses didn't really fit into either category. For example; Ray-ray said that she'd walk around with a bag on her head that had a smiley face on it. Kippy said she would like to combine the options and have Richard Simmons' fro, but would rather have no face.
  • About 1/3 of all surveyed said they would rather kill themselves than live with either option.
  • Sally Howell has a crush on Richard Simmons because she digs the hair and the shorty shorts.
  • Male athletes were more likely than other males to choose Richard's face (Especially those on the volleyball team... weird.)
================================

Day 142: I've got clean socks again! And somebody is trying to scam my grandpa! (WE CAN'T HAVE THAT! Nobody messes with my Grandpa Oscar!)

Still nothing from mystery boy, and still no boy. (That's no shocker though) And I do think it's safe to say that if I make it to 200, I'm going to need some serious therapy, because we all know I don't wanna call old-mexi-man from the other night to solicit the favor from him... Oh wow... even just typing that caused me to throw up in my mouth a bit.

================================

QOTD
12.7.04 - "I can't sing, you'd throw things at me... now while I' m very hungry in a cafeteria I might take you up on that, I don't think I'll take my chances in the jewelry lab where you're armed with a torch, sharp things, and heavy blunt objects" ~Lydia

12.8.04 - "Ok, so in this scenario, I'm living in the Yukon. There is a golf course nearby, but it's covered in snow, so it's closed, I live in a cabin out in the woods, where I cook, and hunt for game, but I don't occupy the rest of my time making package bombs or stuff like that, right? [Yes.] Ok, well do I rape men who pass by in the woods? Because I don't want to have any part of this scenario if I gotta rape men." ~Schultzie.

12.9.04 - "I raped your rooster!" ~Random IM from ex roommate Emily.

================================

TOTD - Ozzy Osbourne's "Mama I'm Comin' Home" -Classic, You know it.

================================

I (Y) Jerry Orbach!

No comments: