Thursday, December 23, 2004

HOLIDAYS MAKE PEOPLE STUPID.

Yep, that's right, holidays make people stupid. (And not just the winter holidays, although they do seem to be the embodiment of stupidity.) It seems to me that around any holiday you really seem to note more incidents of readily available stupidity. Want examples? FINE...

  • People become desperate to fall in love with someone to share a holiday as opposed to being alone again... STUPID.
  • People blowing their fingers (or other body parts, or body parts of friends) off playing with fireworks... STUPID.
  • People driving in 18 inches of snow to go to the mall to wrap up the holiday shopping... VERY STUPID.
  • People burning their houses down trying to deep fry a turkey... STUPID.
  • People paying $100 or more to go to one bar for the evening so that you can be in the company of others who spent entirely too much on an evening that is merely celebrating that we are still smart enough to count down from 10. (But apparently not smart enough to save our money...) STUPID.
These are just a few examples I'm sure you can think of more if you try. (I think this is me being a bit of a scrooge, because right now I'm snowed in and I can only handle so much Bing Crosby and re-runs of a Muppet Christmas Carol (And I like the muppets more than most!) ... It's like knowing that TNT airs 24 hours of "A Christmas Story" and committing yourself to watching it on loop for the whole 24 hours... it gets to be a little much. So I'm being a grinch right now. You'll deal.

================================

I don't like that telemarketers are now calling my cell phone.
THEY MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS!!!

================================

I saw an extended trailer for "White Noise" and I'm telling you all now, that if the movie holds up to the trailer even the slightest bit (and I think it will) then this has to be the most terrifying movie ever made. I'm not kidding you, the extended trailer REALLY made me want to soil myself. This will undoubtedly be one of those movies that gives you nightmares for months on end... and will I see it despite knowing this? Most likely. [sigh]

================================

QOTD

12.21.04 - "I bought you new stuff because I know when you put it on you'll look good, and you'll feel good, and some boy is gonna come up to you and say 'Come here baby!' and you'll totally make out!" ~ Mom. (Yes the drought has gotten bad enough that my mom has gone on sympathy buying trips.)

12.22.04 - "I tried to get 007Taco, but it wouldn't let me!" ~ My big brother and his name for trivia at BW3's

12.23.04 - "THUNDER SNOW!!!"

================================

TOTD

Mono - "Life in Mono" (I've had this one on loop for an hour and it gets better every time around... It's one of those "That Guy" songs. I'll have to explain "That Guy" to all of you in my readership who don't actively read Bill Simmons... But that's for another day.)

Hoobastank - "Crawling in the Dark" (This was probably their biggest hit before "The Reason" when all of a sudden EVERYBODY liked Hoobastank)

Pete Yorn - "Come Back Home" (Oh, Pedro.)




No comments: