Saturday, December 11, 2004

Saturday - 145.

A little bit more about Thursday night with Ben & Alana; we had a few rounds at the apartment, as usual, then we went down the street to the Andersonville/Clark St. bars rather than Southport... (Trying to change things up in an effort to get things going.) We went to Hopleaf, (A bar I don't like,) and we chatted up our table-neighbors. (I actually got the chance to introduce myself to a guy by saying "Hi, I'm pathetic, nice to meet you." This isn't something I would normally do, but it went with the conversation... so I took the chance.) After a little debate about the mexi-man from last weekend, along came the bet. So Ben just out & out says he thinks I'll make it to at least 175. Alana originally said she'd take that bet, then she upped the ante as I said by changing the deadline to 4 AM Saturday. We then saw a guy who was giving me the eye, he was bordering on unacceptable, but since desperate times call for desperate measures, I was considering grabbing him and doing the bare minimum just to prove Ben wrong and win the bet for Alana... But then Ben spilled his beer all over himself, and looked like he peed his pants, so we had to leave. Damn.

Friday was a super productive day though. I got up, went to both of my classes, filed for graduation, filed all the necessary paperwork for my minor, (only a couple months late) went and spent a while in the jewelry lab, went to work, and got kissed by a boy. (Yes, you read that right! ...But alas the drought still continues. Please allow me to explain.) Yep, I was standing in the cage, talking to Erin about the drought, when Dan comes walking down the hall... So as a joke I turned and said "Now THAT'S a boy I could make out with!" and I turn back to my conversation... well out of nowhere Dan comes up, grabbed my face and kissed me. I was too shocked and suprised by it to take advantage of such an opportunity, so since it wasn't a make-out kind of kiss, the drought officially continues. Double damn.

Saturday I got up, went to the game, worked for a bit, talked to the other cage girls, came home and painted up a storm. I cranked out my theology final project... (I put together one of the worst pieces of art I've EVER done, and I will disavow any knowledge of after this semester. But here's how I look at it, Theology professors don't know a damn thing about technical grading of art, and I have a feeling this prof will be especially generous... and slapping together a piece of worthless art beats writing an 8+ page paper any day!) And I also worked on the next piece in my flower series, and watched some movies... you know, fun stuff.

That's all really. Nothing interesting, or funny as usual, sorry.

================================

While I was talking to the girls at work today I came to the sudden realization that I have not gone on a real rant in quite some time! I mean REALLY, it's been a while! Ok, yes, my daily whining about not getting any action kinda adds up to be a rant, but the thing is, I've not had a big out & out rant for quite a while now. But it's coming. I promise you... IT'S COMING.

================================

Dave honey, I'm going to need your address again... I accidentally tossed the piece of paper that I originally wrote it down on... I know your name, and your street (Because it's funny) and that's all I've got... if you want your Christmas present you're gonna need to send that my way again. (That might mean you'll have to e-mail me, or heaven forbid, call my punk ass... but you know it'll be worth it, if only because you get a present for it.)

================================

QOTD
12.12.04 - "You guys are exchanging laundry stories? You've gotten that desperate for conversation topics? Wow, that's an all time conversational low... but I guess you were bound to reach it sometime." ~Alan

================================

TOTD (I'm already one behind, so you kids get a few today... so I'm ahead of the game going into finals week)

Lit - "Perfect One" - I seem to have a predeliction for obscure bands and one-hit wonders. Well this band was a one or two hit wonder, and neither of the hits were really THAT huge... and this song isn't one of the hits, so chances are you've not heard it. Give it a listen.

Joan Osbourne - "Lumina" - You might have a slight recollection of Joan Osbourne... she was a one-hit wonder with the song "What if God Was One of Us" and this song is from the same album... I think Lumina is arguably the best song on the whole album... A quality mellow tune.

Beth Hart - "L.A. Song" - Sticking with the obsure artist theme I've got going here, I really enjoyed this tune when it had a brief stint of radio airplay back home (And after many years of owning this album and loving this song, I'm still trying to figure out how the hell any DJs in Evansville ever found out about this tune!) I also rather enjoy the track "Skin" from the same album.

Pink Floyd - "Comfortably Numb" - I'm breaking the theme here, but going with an old standby favorite! It's really impossible to listen to this song and not like it. (This was the first Pink Floyd song I ever heard, and I originally only heard it as a cover... but this song is the reason I came to like Floyd!)

================================

With that folks, I leave you to go study for my finals... (RIIIIIGHT, like I'm actually going to do any studying!)

1 comment:

Martin said...

This will not have effect in reality, that is what I believe.
Baked Lasagna