Monday, December 13, 2004

Day 146 - Ben came over early in the afternoon to pick up his bag and to let me know that the bet was caled off. As he put it "It was null because we didn't get to go out at all, so it's only fair to give you a fair shake, you know... it's only sportsman-like" The remainder of my day was spent being lazy, watching televised sports, followed by extensive ALL NIGHT study session with Mendez for Brain & Behavior. And as much as we might have laughed about nonsensical info on the brain contained in the book and notes, it was not as pleasant as anyone in earshot might imagine. (Though studying with Mendez made the overall studying and test taking experience as painless as was really possible.)

Day 147 - Spent taking test, turning in project, and napping. That's all.

*NOTE* - Walking into a weekend knowing that you're not going to go out at all because you've got to work and study, and thus not have any chance of gettin any action is not a positive way to segue into finals week. It kinda takes the wind out of your sails and blows your confidence.

================================

I have noticed that I've been having the most cracked out dreams lately. I don't know if finals week has me all wigged out, and that's what has been causing the bizarre crap in my dreams, or what... but I don't like it.

================================

As for Loyola playing North Carolina, well, I'll just say that I love my boys, but WOW. And I'll also say that to lose by only 49 points was a gift... I mean as much as we might try to spin it positively, there's just no way to paint this picture in a pleasant light... here's what I'm talking about Loyola's article on the game in question and North Carolina's version of events. Yeah, there's only so much the wordsmithery of the sports info department can do.

================================

Hey people, what do I want for Christmas???? (Seriously, tell me what I might want... I don't even have the first clue)

================================

QOTD
12.13.04 - "NO ME GUSTA!" (This was a sentence that could frequently be heard during the B&B all-night study session... and it kinda captured the overall sentiment of finals week in general in addition to the specific final)

12.14.04 -
Nate: "How are you doing?"
Liz: "Ehhhh."
Nate: "Why only 'Ehhhh?' What, did all your husbands leave you?"
(Yes, yes they have all left me to fester and rot all semester long.)

No comments: