Thursday, May 11, 2006

I have a new mantra!

Leave it to pop-folk music to re-invigorate me!

I got the new Jewel album last night, and I must say that Jewel - hot slut that she is - has singlehandedly brought me out of my funk! (Remind me of this the next time I am in one of those moods when "EVERYTHING SUCKS!")

If you are even remotely into Jewel, the new album is worth the money!

As for my new mantra, her song "Good Day" is spectacular!

I know that I hate it when people post song lyrics, and act like that's a proper post, because we all know they didn't write them, and if I wanted to see song lyrics I would just use my normal song lyric search to find them... I read blog posts for original material. But in the interest of helping you to understand my mantra, I'm going to post the lyrics of "Good Day" and hope that you don't think less of me!

I say to myself
"Self, why are you awake again? It's one a.m."
Standing with the fridge door wide open, staring
Such a sight, florescent light
The stars are bright
Might make a wish, if I believed in that shit
As it is, I might watch TV
Cause it's nice to see people more messed up than me
I say to myself, as I smile at the wall, let myself fall

It's gonna be all right, no matter what they say
It's gonna be a good day, just wait and see
It's gonna be okay, cause I'm okay with me
It's gonna be, it's gonna be, it's gotta be

I shiver, shut the door
Can't think standing here no more
I'm alone, my mind's racing, heart breaking
Can you be everything I need you to be?
Can you protect me like a daughter?
Can you love me like a father?
Can you drink me like water?
Say I'm like the desert, just hotter.

The point of it all
Is that if I should fall
Still you're name I'll call

It's gonna be all right, no matter what they say
It's gonna be a good day, just wait and see
It's gonna be okay, cause I'm okay with me
It's gonna be, it's gonna be

As long as we laugh out loud
Laugh like we're mad
Cause this crazy, mixed up beauty is all that we have
Because what's love but an itch we can't scratch,
A joke we can't catch
But still we laugh

I go back upstairs, turn off the TV
You say "I'll be okay baby, just wait and see."

It's gonna be all right, it's gonna be okay
Gonna be a good day, just wait, just see
Gonna okay, cause I'm okay with me
It's gonna be, it's gonna be, it's gonna be okay...

Uh-oh I'm awake again it's one a.m.
Staring. Such a sight...
Well, at least the stars are bright.


SEE!!! This is a fabulous mantra to have. And with that, I will dress for my interview, because IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD DAY!

STAY HOT YOU CRAZY BITCHES AND HOT SLUTS!

No comments: