Sunday, May 21, 2006

Wasted day.

Saturday I worked at the flower slingin' job all damn day. Instead of going out like a proper urban 20 something on a Saturday night, I came home, showered and crashed hard.

My Sunday was totally wasted, and I don't mean wasted the way I usually like for any part of my weekends to be.

You want to know what I did?

I woke up. (Note: waking up does not necessarily involve leaving bed.) And then I spent the vast, and I do mean VAST majority of my day watching a Law & Order marathon. Seriously.

I'm not a TV nut by any means, but if any show can hold my attention all day, Law & Order can... Well Law & Order and Project Runway, but they aren't back in season until later in the summer.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I kept telling myself to get up and go for a run while it was pretty out, or to at least do the dishes. Yeah, neither of those things happened. (But we all know how I feel about those dishes because I live in a place with no dishwasher, so the dish thing is really not that much of a shocker.)

Since I also have tomorrow off, and since there isn't another Law & Order marathon scheduled for tomorrow, I am telling myself that I will actually do all the things I put off doing today. I don't want to lie to myself... I don't want to delude myself... And I certainly don't want to become the creep with the stinky apartment in the building. (Of course, my neighbors have some of the strangest/nastiest cooking smells that the world has ever known, so being singled out as the stinky one would be a real accomplishment... I mean we're talking a scientific Nobel-worthy achievement.)

On a completely unrelated note, I would like to give a shout out to my upstairs neighbors who have been humping pretty much continuously for the last week and a half. I'm not kidding, this has been going on pretty much around the clock for the last ten days. They are either trying to make a baby, trying to fix a relationship, trying to start a new relationship based solely on continuous fornication, or they are getting ready to attempt a run at the world record for jumping jacks. No matter what they are really up to, it's rhythmic, and it's pretty much constant.

I wish I had something else for you kids, but alas, I don't.

Uhh... So here's a picture of a kinkajou!

No comments: