Thursday, May 04, 2006


Ok, Nello has sweet-ass T13 banners, so you should go check it out, and this week she has an awesome idea for the T13... So I'm stealing that too!

13 things you'd hate about me if you knew me in person...
(Please note: This is not about vanity, this is about being honest with my readers about who I really am.)

1. In case you hadn't already figured out from reading it here, I am honest... BRUTALLY HONEST. I'm just like that in real life too... Turns out most people would rather be lied to. Go figure.
2. I am a messy eater. You'd think that after 23+ years I'd have gotten it down by now... But I haven't. I always manage to get soup or soy sauce, or guacamole on myself... I know I hate this, it wouldn't surprise me if it bothers others too.
3. (I'm not tooting my own horn here, just letting you know why you might hate me) I have a genius-level IQ. So I know a lot. And I'm not afraid to tell you if I know the answer. And if I don't know the answer, I do know where to find the answer and get back to you.
4. I have a SPECTACULARLY good memory. I can repeat both sides of conversations I had in high school verbatim. (I did this once about 4 years after the conversation I was referring to, and thought the girl who I was repeating was going to shit herself.) It's also so good, I can tell you what I wore three weeks ago Tuesday. (Khaki pants and a green button down shirt in case you care.)
5. Combining 1,3, and 4 means that usually when I open my mouth, I know what I'm talking about, so I am rarely wrong. A lot of people REALLY hate this. (A reason to love me though is that I will tell you if I don't know something, I READILY admit the rare occasions when I am wrong, and because I know about a lot of stuff, I'm always a handy resource.)
6. I am funny... And I know it. (And sometimes this means I will go on entertaining long after some people cease to see the humor.)
7. In social situations, I like to at least say, "Hi," to everyone I know who is in attendance. Some of my less socially acquisitve friends hate going anywhere with me for this reason.
8. I am a little funny about my sports. Actually, I watch sports like a guy. I don't like a whole lot of idle chatter during the game, unless you're talking about the game or something directly related to the game (i.e. - last night's game, yesterday's injury during batting practice, etc.) This changes when I don't have an invested interest in the game. If I don't care, I watch the game like a chick. As far as superstitions go, I only have one, and it doesn't impact anyone other than me... A few people in my real life know about this one. (I might tell you later.)
9. I am loyal to a fault. I might tell my friend that I think they are wrong, but even if they are, I will stand by them as they go down in flames no matter what. (While the friends often appreciate this, people outside the situation have trouble understanding it.)
10. I am REALLY picky about certain things, and I don't give a rat's pink ass about others... trying to tease these two categories of things apart is next to impossible for anybody but me.
11. I don't respond well to threats or orders. This makes me a difficult person to deal with/live with. In the words of Ben, "You're one of the most rational people I've ever met... Certainly the most rational woman, but I'll tell you something, YOU'RE NO CUPCAKE TO DEAL WITH!"
12. I am not needy, but I do know what I want, and I am not afraid to tell you if you're not making me happy.
13. While I am otherwise totally independent, I am emotionally reliant on my mom... This means she knows the VAST majority of my secrets. A lot of people are a little weirded out by the fact that I tell my mom as much as I do. But I do it to retain some semblance of sanity for myself.

So there it is. Judge me.

No comments: