Sunday, May 14, 2006

THE WAIT IS OVER!!!!

I know you have all been anxiously awaiting the Drunken Cubbies Weekend post... Though I must say I don't think you were looking forward to reading about it nearly as much as I was looking forward to living it! I don't know if you all can truly grasp from these pictures the good time that was had by all involved! (Well... All involved except those girls at Wrigley Field... but, erm... well... we'll get to that.)

Again we were down at the Hard Rock Hotel, because we are hard rockers. (AND YOU KNOW THIS!)

On my way down to get the party started, I got another reason to celebrate. My sister Kim called me to tell me that she got engaged. She has found herself a good guy, and I think they are going to be very happy together! Its another good reason for drinking to commence! So I got to the hotel, had a beverage from the minibar, while we waited for Jon to show up... Jon is always a little slow on the go, but once he showed up, we had a drink down at the lobby bar while we were waiting on a call from Alana to find out where to meet up.

Jon, Tarreck, and Amanda are seen here, before the adventure truly began!

We headed up to Cullen's to meet with Alana. Here's another edition of "This is where our toes go" at Cullen's where the second annual Drunken Cubbies Weekend really got under way!

I've said for years that I am not photogenic... Here's another example. (But at least you get to see the blonde in action!)

Here's the DCWII crew. I must say, I actually look cute here, and with a good lookin' crew like this, you know there's nothing but trouble headed your way!

Tarreck is 100% organic cheese and cornball! (As I'm sure you'll see in the coming photos!)

After a few toasts, and the read drinking began, here's Jon, Tarreck, and Alana.

Like I said 100% CHEESE AND CORNBALL!

Well, they try hard...

These pictures are starting to get a little redundant... I think it had something to do with the alcohol consumption going on!


Our cabbie was good enough to take our picture on our way to the after hours bar... Amanda didn't last long at the after hours joint... She went back to the hotel about 15 minutes after this was taken.


Jon and Alana hammin' it up.


And again...

After closing down the bar, and going to the IHOP, we headed back to the hotel to sleep it off... And after laughing at each other for a while, we slept and slept hard!

And Saturday morning, Alana decided to go spend time with her family because it is, after all, Mother's Day weekend.

The rest of us went to the best damn ballpark in all the land! The legendary Wrigley Field!


It was a cloudy, cool day, but we did have some prime seats... (I mean there really isn't a bad seat in the house, but we were literally like 4 rows off of the field between first base and the visitor's bullpen.

Tarreck is still 100% cheese and cornball!

You gotta love the band that walks around and plays for the fans!

We asked the people couple of rows behind us to take our picture as a group, because the row immediately behind us was still empty... but that didn't last. And unfortunately this time the seats were not occupied by Vince Vaughn and his entourage.

You know how I mentioned that "All had fun except those girls at Wrigley Field" ... Well here's that story.

After a couple of innings, the row behind us did fill up. A group of about 10 people filed in, and immediately began pissing me off.

You kids know how I am about my baseball... Especially my Cubbies. Well these characters offered their running commentary and the only real facts I gleaned from the entirity of their babbling was that the men didn't know anything about baseball, and that the girls were total oxygen robbers.

Being so close to the bullpen meant that in the later innings when the relief pitchers were warming up they started asking the pitchers for a ball. And by "asking for a ball" I mean screaming for over an hour "CAN WE GET A BALL?" "HEY! PLEASE! CAN WE GET A BALL?" And after so long we all know my patience just runs dry. So I turned around and said, "Listen, ladies, I understand that you want a ball. This whole section knows that you want a fucking ball. But the fact is that after an hour of screaming, you still don't have a ball, and at this point, you're just fucking irritating. Its seriously been more than an hour, you haven't gotten a ball. And you know what, you're not getting a ball. Give it up... Give it up and let the rest of us enjoy the damn game."

Of course they called me a bitch, and babbled on and on sarcastically about how they didn't know it was illegal to yell at a baseball game. After about ten minutes they gave it up because I wasn't letting them get another rise out of me, because I didn't care what they said to me or about me, as long as they shut up about the ball. And that's exactly how it played out. They shut up about the ball, and I went back to enjoying myself. For the remainder of the weekend, I was known to my group as the trouble maker... but I did gain some respect, because, quite frankly, I increased their enjoyment too, and because I am awesome. After the game, we went back to the hotel for a nice long nap... Because you gotta rally for round 2!


Saturday night, after the nap, we went to dinner at Uncle Julio's Hacienda. Where Tarreck continued to demonstrate Cheese and Cornball content.

After dinner, Jon took off, and the rest of us went bowling. (Fortunately Lucky Strike Lanes keeps the liquor flowin!)

"Stay out of the gutter" That's really pretty sound advice for anyone... Especially for bowlers.

While we waited for a lane, Tarreck continued to ham it up.

Amanda showed those sluts at Lucky Strike Lanes which table the party was at... If we'd had singles, she'd have had a few stuffed in the waistband of her jeans.

Now Tarreck tries to play it straight, and of course, I have to mock him, because that's what our family is all about! (And I don't know why my hair doesn't look blonde here... because it really is QUITE blonde.)

Oh, these crazy kids!

And then it was time to grab some sweet two-tone shoes and BOWL!

I think this is the bowling alley equivalent of a senior photo!

Tarreck has never seen such glorious balls!

See, some bowling actually took place this time!

This one was shot as Tarreck was taking a bow ... Seeing as we got our asses handed to us on the lanes, I don't know why.

And then he started playing Babba-loo... He's a strange duck.

And around 3 AM we called it a night back at the hotel.

Sunday morning came, and again Tarreck took off without much ceremony, as he is known to do. And well, that's the story. It was a little more low-key this time, but I can tell you it was still a SOLID weekend... and while it was a different speed this time around, it was still on the same level! (And I think we're looking at having another DCW in August... OHHHH Lordy, this thing is gaining steam!)

And here are the quotes!

========================================================
DCWII QOTD

"Hey, where's that fur-burger pillow?" ~Tarreck

"Jon, I don't know what you did over there last night, but Alana wanted me to tell you it was very satisfying, and to say thanks." ~Tarreck

"A couple years ago I ran into my 5th grade teacher and she said to me, 'Oh hey! You look like you're a successful guy now... Funny, I thought you'd be in jail by now.'" ~Tarreck

"I've got a major case of bar-voice! I sound like a female version of Gary Busey." ~Liz

"I can't believe this weekend actually has it's own name! This is AWESOME!" ~Tarreck

(There were a lot more quotes, and we did play the phrase game again, but with the blood alcohol content of the weekend meant that not much was written down or logged.)

No comments: