Tuesday, May 30, 2006

OW.

First off, I want to thank all of you for your supportive words! You are all so very sweet to indulge me in my misery and whining. Its really nice to know someone out there cares about my stupid, whiny ass!

And for those of you not In Chicagoland, I picked up a redeye (free paper distributed by the trib, centering on current events, sports and pop culture... you know, the important stuff!) today, and guess who was on the cover, and mentioned inside? RONNIE WOO WOO! (The same Ronnie Woo Woo mentioned in a previous post for hitting on me.) He was mentioned as one of the "top 40 Chicagoans" ... SEE! I told you sluts he was a Chicago icon!!!

(And now, ON WITH THE POST!)

Working a job where you are required to be on your feet, running around, organizing stuff is fine and dandy most days... When you're moving around, keeping busy with watering, consolidating and reorganizing, days when you are required to be on your feet are not as bad as one might think... Until of course, you have a great big hole in your foot.

To answer Holly's question, here's how the hole got there: (WARNING: This gets kinda gross)

I broke a glass last week. It fell off of my window sill and broke when it hit the floor next to my bed. I thought I had picked up all the pieces, but apparently I missed one rather substantial piece. And when I stepped over to that side of the bed to adjust my featherbed and tuck the fitted sheet back in, I stepped down and felt a sudden sharp pain... The pain of having a chunk of my heel sheared off. Seriously. There is a hole in my heel, right where the back of my heel meets the sole of my foot. It's a chunk the size of a penny. Round and sheared off completely... There is no "skin flap" or anything like that. That piece of glass just sliced it clean off... (HEY, I ALREADY TOLD YOU this got gross.)

So I hobbled back to my bathroom where I was convinced I was hemorrhaging from my foot, and was going to bleed out, only to be discovered two months later by my building manager when he came in to evict me for not paying my rent... Or whenever the stink of my decaying corpse drifted into the hall, (however its pretty unlikely that the stink of my decaying corpse would be able to overpower the stench of the putrid cooking smells of my neighbors).

Once I got the profusion of Hollywood-horror-flick quality gore under control, wrapped up, and taped with an impressive degree of taping expertise (as noted by a professional NCAA division I trainer,) I propped it up and watched a movie. And that's the story of my foot injury.

I have to work again tomorrow and Thursday, so I'll be whiny and grumpy for a couple of days. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood once I get a day off. Until then, take care!

QOTD -
Kerry: "I think Jesus was surrounded by petunias!"
Liz: "Well, my guess is that he was surrounded by pansies, those are more of a spring flower... You know, big right around Easter."
Kerry: "You're totally right. Jesus WAS surrounded by pansies!"
Liz: "Must be why he got crucified... Pansies never take up for their homies."

No comments: