Monday, May 24, 2004

I haven't been keeping up with the blog lately, but it would seem that my audience either didn't notice, or didn't really care. But I'll bring you up to speed on the weekend's few events.

Friday I got up and went to work... but not for long! Why you ask? Because C had a hook up and we got tickets to the Cubs-Cardinals game! So we bailed on work (Yes, I have been there less than a week, and I took off early to go to a game... I hope this illustrates my dedication to all of you non-believers out there) So the end result was a score of 7-6, it didn't quite go the way I'd hoped, but still, a few beers, some peanuts, and 9 beautiful innings in the friendly confines is still a good day if you ask me! It was still a good game, but you can't win em all. (But please note that we did take the next 2 games of the 3 game series...) So after the game we went out to Chris' house for a lovely little bbq because our good buddy Mel is leaving us to go to the happy hunting grounds in Virginia. We'll miss that crazy kid, but she'll be back! And after the bbq at Chris', we went to Hamilton's for a few more rounds of farewell beverages... That was my mistake.

Saturday I got up entirely too early because I had to go sling flowers all damn day... with not enough sleep, and on a nasty day, (and on a Saturday, which is crazy anyway) basically me and my wet nasty feet were not happy. So I eventually made it home, got a shower, a meal, and a nap, and I was pretty happy... So instead of going out and making the same damn mistake two nights in a row, I decided to stay in and rest up for work on Sunday. I got to sleep at about 1 AM, only to be awakened by my phone ringing at 4 because my dear sweet Dave decided to drink dial me... while it did wake me up, I didn't answer the phone, and for that, Dave should consider himself immensly lucky, because I was PISSED. So eventually I got back to sleep, and got up at 6:45 to go to work once again on Sunday morning...

So I got there at 8, only to find the joint a mess, and I was the only one there to do anything about it... C had been scheduled, but she bailed on me because she was too beat, (which I understand, and it's not a big deal! It's all cool) And so then I had to make room for carts, and bring the new ones in, that took me until lunch time, and then another hour or so after... (during lunch I checked my voicemail and got Dave's very sweet message *Thanks babe*)and so after my brief lunch and cart movin' fun, I decided to clear the tops of the carts and bail, so naturally, I climbed up and started to clear the tops... Doug, in a totally condescending way, thought he'd tell me how to do my job and ban cart climbing. (This made me resent Doug all the live-long day.) So even though I've climbed up on the carts every day since starting at this job, and watching every single one of my co-workers climbing on the carts in EXACTLY the same manner, cart climbing was banned... This is quite funny, because the thing is these carts probably weigh like 3 times Doug's weight, (And Doug is WAY WAAAAAAY FAR from being a little guy!) So instead I had to go get the stupid wheely-step-ladder thing. (Which is ESPECIALLY hard to maneuver when the joint is full of closely aligned carts, and entirely too many customers)SOOOOOO at 2 I got all that crap done and decided to call it a day, because I was not willing to deal with Doug any longer, and let's face it, I WAS BEAT! So I left. I came home to a shower and a nap, and then C and I went looking for sea glass (and we found A LOT!) But then we got a craving for BBQ chicken, so we went on a great little food run! But walking from the car into KFC was quite painful, so for the sake of my feet, knees, and ankles, I'm taking Monday off. YAY!

Ok, so here are the quotes of the day for the days I missed... and today too!

QOTD
5.22.04 -

"So I opened my eyes, and I saw blue, and it was then I realized I lit my face on fire... and then I tried to put it out with my hand, and then my hand was blue... yeah, my hand was on fire." ~Mikey talking about his fire-spitting misadventures

5.23.04 - "Yeah, she's less concerned with breathing than with gettin' places" ~Jill talking about her dog

5.24.04 -
Jill - "Here's a band called the g-strings!"
Chris - "We gotta get front row tickets for that one!"
Jill - "Oh... well, they are all guys"
Liz - "All the more reason to get the tickets!"


Ignoring Rachel has crossed the 2 week barrier! DAY 15 BABY!


****A few side notes - 1)"I LIKE TATER TOTS!!!" 2)Goats have weird and VERY scary eyes! 3)Christopher Walken is THE MAN! 4)I STILL HATE THE LAKERS

No comments: