Monday, May 10, 2004

Well kids, you'd have to be blind, totally stupid, and/or have some kind of short-term memory disorder to not notice that Liz's Fun Time Happy Hour has gotten a brand-spankin-new look! I hope you like it (I know I like it a LOT!) I'm not gonna lie, I had some help making it all special and spectacular! (Good ol' Dave!) I'm glad to see that some of you are taking me up on my offer of blog-membership! I look forward to seeing your postings! If you weren't invited to be a blog member, don't get your feelings hurt, just let me know you're interested and I'll see what I can do... You can either shoot me an IM or leave it in the comments area... I do still encourage commenting, even from those of you who are members! Please let me know what you think of the new look.

Jennie and I are getting things moving on the new apartment, and I think Ben is doing his darndest to get me a job. (no word from Alana on her connections, but maybe she is too) In the meantime I've been painting like a fool, looking at job listings, making calls, putting together a resume, and being a lazy bum with the time that I should be spending at work.

There is a bit of a conflict over QOTD for today... I've never actually written down all the rules that govern what can and can't be QOTD, but I assure you that there are some rules, and I stick to them most of the time. (as the loyal readers know there are some exceptions) But anyway, the conflict on today's QOTD centers on the whole "how I got a hold of it" issue, so I guess I'll put up today's quotes like this:

Official: (Because I actually got it directly from her in conversation)
QOTD
5.10.04 -
I'm an anger parfait right now! ~Kirstienne "The Admiral" McLinden

Unofficial: (Because it appeared in a friend's profile, and it wasn't sent to me in a conversational context)
QOTD
5.10.04 -
Finals are like boys . . . they're hard to understand, they're easy to cheat on, some are harder than others, they put pressure on you to perform well, they were created to make our lives hell, you can work for hours and still get no satisfaction, some take longer to finish than others, you still feel like shit the next morning, some arent as big as you expect, if youre drunk when you do them it doesnt hurt so bad, and when its all over you will either have a big smile or a big frown on your face!! ~From Beth's profile, as sent from her friend Meghan

No comments: