Thursday, May 13, 2004

Well, I rather enjoyed venting all my crap last night... I think I'll do a little more tonight.

God bless my dear sweet sainted mother... I know yesterday's rant hurt her feelings (despite my apologies and warnings in the post) but she took it in remarkably good stride, and I have a feeling she knows I didn't mean it to be hurtful.

A quick shoutout to Alana; thanks for giving the Aunt & Uncle a shot, I appreciate the effort even if it didn't yield a job... and I hope you have an awesome time in Las Vegas girl, you deserve a good time!

Another quick shoutout to J; Girl, I know you're looking forward to moving (especially because you're moving in with ME) and I know you're miserable in your little mouse-ridden, sub-terrainean den, but we gotta work on keeping up the morale... Hey, here's an idea! Let's go drink free Guinness at ESPN Zone tonight! Good idea, huh? Yeah... and wouldn't you know it we've got spots reserved for tonight!(Remember we've got more lots more free liquor on Saturday too!)

OK, so here's the venting for today:
Oh, and just an unrelated note before the venting gets into full swing: I just watched Rocky IV, (the last decent Rocky movie, and as far as I'm concerned, Rocky V doesn't exist, much like The Godfather III). Based on this movie viewing, I should say that James Brown is a bad ass! (not that we didn't already know that, but it was just refreshed tonight) Yeah... so sorry about the false start on the ranting, here we go again. OH, and I guess before I get going I should go ahead and post a link to show my support for my AL team the Boston Red Sox... if for no other reason than they are the noble rival opposition to the soul-less-ness of the Yank-me's. So here it is, the running diary of the BoSox fans and the Yankees fans... Ok, so false start number two... one more and I'll be DQed, so I beter get serious about it now. So here goes! Ranting: Day two; Take 3...

By now you people whould have a pretty firm grasp on the concept that for me and my baseball, IT'S NOT JUST A GAME! For me it's a WAY OF LIFE. More than one person made the mistake of calling it "just a game" last night, and I'm telling you now, I'm not having it! I am puting those fools on probation. You're on shaky ground! Don't make me insult your mother and kick you! I'll do it! I will!

Next topic: My DVD player is broken, and I'm too broke to get it fixed or buy a new one, and with my movie-crazed-ness, you know this is another thing that is not good for my long-term mood. That's all I've got on that topic... just pisses me off.

Next topic: People who insist on talking politics in impertinent modes of conversation, IM is one example of this, talking politics over booze is another... People continually do this to me, despite my warnings that these efforts are fruitless because when computer IMing or alcohol is involved, it is pretty much guaranteed that nobody is going to change anybody's opinion, so stop wasting your, and what is infinitely worse, MY time. You just end up pissing me off, and as we all know, that's not a good thing.

Next topic: This isn't so much a rant as a survey of the faithful, Since Kirsten and I came up with the idea for our show, and since one of our first guests would be our favourite sports writer Mr. Bill Simmons, I'm thinking of getting in touch with Bill, and asking him to be a member on the blog... he could have his own rants... OH HOW GLORIOUS IT WOULD BE! Imagine! Now odds are that this would never come to fruition, but still, a girl can dream, can't she? For those of you who don't know about Bill Simmons, he's a sports writer for ESPN Magazine, ESPN Page 2, and The Jimmy Kimmel Show. I'll even make it easy on you kids... Click here and read up! Get to know the genius of Bill Simmons. (I can make recommendations of some of my personal favorite articles if you want to read only a few to get the idea, but they are all DAMN FUNNY)

Next topic: There are two people who have particularly gotten on my last nerve lately, (and since I don't talk to Lauren any more, we can safely rule her out,) but here's the thing, Ive invested some time into cultivating these friendships, so I don't think it's fair to either of these people, or to me, to just cut them out f my life. And the last nerve thing might have less to do with them, and more to do with the fact that I've been a total grumpalumpagus lately. Actually, I should rephrase, one person has irritated me for far longer than I've been a grump, but this is the person I'm more interested in staying friends with. The other person has really only ramped up the irritation factor since my grumpy mood has set in, but there was definitely an element of irritation present before as well... So, what's a girl to do? Ignore them until the mood improves? Ignore them altogether? Some other approach? C'mon people, a little help here?

Ok, well, I suppose that'll do it for now... I'm done venting for the time being, so here's your quote of the day.

QOTD
5.13.04 -
There needs to be a website with lots of breakdancing footage! I could watch it for hours! ~A very bored Dave at work. (it should be noted that THIS is what Dave came up with...)

Day 5 of ignoring Rachel

No comments: