Thursday, January 19, 2006

GOD BLESS THE COFFEE SHOP! (And the return of Lizzle's optimism!)

Ok, we're jumping right into this one, READY?

1-2-3- GO!

The highlight of my mother-f'-in day was going to the coffee shop... That's kinda sad, but it's true. I left work, figured out my phone situation, got home, cooked up a little grub, (and I do mean "a little" because there isn't SHIT left in my pantry,) ate the grub, and came to the coffee shop.

The coffee shop quickly fixed my usual order, and here I sit! Blogging!

Today was a crazy day at the office...(This might get a little boring, but I'll try to make it as quick and painless as possible.) As soon as I got in I had to go run an errand (work related) and aside from that, I was supposed to get most, if not all of our client updates out today... Yeah, that didn't happen. I got one out, and then I got bombarded with TONS of crap from all of the brokers... So basically I spent my day doing all the crap that they didn't want to fuck around with, including sending a 17 page fax on our fax machine*. (*It should be noted that we have the oldest piece of crap fax machine EVER MADE... and that if you are sending more than 2 pages it has to be hand fed every page, and it's super slow... So I spent roughly 20 minutes on this single bloody fax.)

This dearth of work translated into eating lunch at my desk... not that I could afford to lunch anywhere else, but still, not having to answer the phone while trying to consume easy-mac is a nice little break on any given day, and today I didn't get that break!

So tomorrow I get to work on the client updates that I didn't get to work on today... JOY!

(Please note that is a very sarcastic "JOY" up there... not to be confused with the genuine JOY I'm about to get to...)

TOMORROW IS MY FIRST REAL PAYDAY!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!


You all might understand my plight when it comes to being broke, but let's take a deeper look at this... This will be the first paycheck (that will do more than just barely cover my rent for the month) in OVER 6 MONTHS!

Let me re-state that for emphasis... 6 MONTHS.

To say that I've had to get a little creative with the finances recently would be a gross understatement... Starting with tomorrow's check, I'm back on my path to a positive bank balance!! It's going to be AWESOME!!

In case you can't tell, I'm so excited that I'm ready to pee my pants! ...Or maybe that's just the coffee.

No, it's not the coffee... IT'S EXCITEMENT!

And you know what I'm going to do?

Do you?

Well, if you do, then you can just skip on down to commenting, because this paragraph is where I tell you EXACTLY what I'm going to do. --I'm going to get the creditors to stop calling me, I'm going to order dinner from my favorite restaraunt, I'm going to have it delivered so that I can eat it while wearing sweatpants and sipping on a Lizzletini, and then I'm going out to the bar! (Where I have every intention of celebrating my new-found fortune, and repaying those who have looked after me and aided me in my efforts to continue pickling my liver despite my poverty.)

It takes so little to make me happy now!

No comments: