Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sheet addiction...


As anyone who has known me for any length of time can attest, I consider my bed among my most prized posessions. I don't have an extravagant shoe collection... though I will say that the few pairs that I do have would make Imelda Marcos a little jealous.

As far as my shopping goes, I focus on 2 things, bags, and my bed. Bags because I need a stylish way to keep all of my stuff handy, and my bed is a shopping obsession because despite it's spectacular-ness, (spectacularity?) I am constantly looking for ways to make it even better!

Despite, or maybe as a result of constantly sleeping alone, I constantly find myself investing in new ways to improve my bed. New down comforter? CHECK! King-sized feather pillows? CHECK! Fluffy down featherbed? CHECK! High thread-count sheets? DOUBLE CHECK!

In a recent post, I mentioned that I bought a set of 600 thread-count sheets. Let me say here and now that they have instantly become the object of my infatuation! I LOVE THEM! They are FABULOUS! So fabulous they are becoming my addiction. As soon as I get home from my day at the office, I cook up some dinner, eat in the kitchen, and then head over and crawl between my sheets to read or watch a movie before showering, and crawling right back into those SUPERB sheets! It is truly a blissful sleeping experience... If you have the means, and you care at all about what kind of sheets you sleep on, I highly recommend that you pick some up! I will issue a quick disclaimer though; sheets this great will make anything less seem like sleeping on burlap!

Consider yourself advised.

No comments: