Friday, January 27, 2006

Happy Crapper Day!

Before we jump into today's post, let me just say that despite the title, this is not a post about pooping... The title refers to the fact that it is in fact CRAPPER DAY!!!

What is Crapper day, you ask? Well, I'll tell you! The man who invented and perfected the first flush toilet, Thomas Crapper (yes, that is his REAL name,) died on this day in 1910. So any time you use the can today, think of Ol' Thomas Crapper, and pour some out for your homey!

This Bud's for you Mr. Crapper!

==============================================

Ok, so yesterday as I sat at work, I got a call from the lovely Caroline. We all know how much I love me some Caro, and we all know what happens when Caro and I get together... There is mirth, merriment, and mass consumption of alcoholic beverages.

The original plan was to just meet up for a happy hour... You know, a couple cocktails, a little bullshitting, and overall an early night.

I would like to take this opportunity to note that the original plan was altered... largely due to the fact that I had a few intoxicating beverages, and my state of consciousness was also a bit altered. And despite the fact that I knew I had to get up at 7AM in order to make it to work on time, I stayed out well into the wee hours of the morning.

Caroline, as usual, provided some choice quotes, and we'll get to them in a minute, but first, more about the evening out.

We started out at Fizz, had some grub, a few rounds, and met up with Dave. Then we proceeded to Bungalow, where we had several more rounds, Dave and Caro informed me that I should eliminate the word "but" from my vocabulary, and I should go ahead and write a book. (Basically they are both gunning for a spot in the Author's acknowledgements section... and if I ever do write the Difinitive Book of Lizzle, they'll likely get their wish!) Dave decided that eleven PM was late enough for him, and of course Caroline and I were still busy bullshitting, so we went to Maeve and laughed at the stupid bitches who were TRYING to dance, but in all honesty they ended up looking like they were doing "The Elaine." Seriously, (Caroline can attest to this,) we were having a pretty serious conversation and at one point I looked over and saw the awful gyrations on the dance floor, and literally ended up getting off my barstool (I deliberately got off to prevent FALLING off) because I was laughing so hard... I was crumpled up in a ball laughing so hard I was crying... It was THAT funny.

So we pretty much closed down Maeve, and I stumbled out of the cab at about 2 AM, took a quick shower, got everything ready for a STRONG pot of morning coffee, set my alarm, and crashed for a few measly hours of sleep.

Needless to say, this morning was more than a little bit difficult to suffer through. And I thought very seriously about calling in... But I didn't. I came in, guzzled coffee, and suffered in silence.

That's really all I've got for you kids at the moment, so without further ado, here are the quotes!

QOTD

"Well, let's see... Big Momma's House 2 comes out this weekend, so I'm going to be really busy!" ~ Caroline

"It's kind of like sleeping with a baby!" ~ Caroline (talking about doing the nasty with a guy who is bare down there)

"That makes men gay!" ~Caroline (talking about the women doing "The Elaine" at Maeve)

"Well, I just can't handle balls that are more than eight pounds!" ~Caroline

No comments: