Saturday, January 14, 2006

It keeps with the theory!

Ok, I have a theory about dating... and apparently about life.

In order to secure a date, you first need a date. This theory also applies to people being interested in you. As soon as you have one person interested in you, all of a sudden multiple others become interested in you. (Just ask any man who has gotten seriously involved, or married... As soon as he's not available to others, that's when all those others come out of the frickin woodwork seeking his attention.)

Apparently this theory extends outside the realm of romantic interest, and into other areas of life as well.

Why do I say this?

I was just offered another job.

So you see, in all those months when I was unemployed, or unhappily employed at a job I hated, I couldn't find something else to save my life... And now that I'm happily, gainfully employed, another job offer just comes falling from the sky!

And this was no ordinary job either! It was a job at my coffee shop! Which would translate into FREE COFFEE!

It's incredible! I mean I knew they loved me, but I didn't know they loved me that much! I mean, they want to frickin EMPLOY me! ("Even if it's just for a couple of shifts a week.")

Amazing... It is totally in keeping with the theory.

Yeah, that's all I've really got for now...

==============================================

On a completely different note, do you all remember the old commercials for the "Viper" car alarm system??

Think back!

Yeah, the one where the guy is breaking into the car and the snakes come out all angry and mean lookin' and the car burglar runs away because he is scared off by the "Viper"?

Ok, so I ask you... How much more awesome would that security system have been if it weren't just a standard car alarm, and it actually released angry, mean vipers if someone was trying to bust into your car!

Or at least like an animated hologram viper... because I understand the logistical problems of releasing mean venomous snakes every time someone tries to break into a car with a certain security system... that could, and likely would end badly... Or at least in a really ugly lawsuit.

But still... how cool would it have been?

No comments: