Thursday, March 23, 2006

ANGRY EYEBROWS!

As a 6 year old stuck in a 23 year old body, I do enjoy the occasional animated movie. Especially ones that are as intelligent as the Toy Story movies... And the other day as I rode home from work, I saw something that brought this movie to mind.

For those of you familiar with the sequel to this movie, you might recall Mrs. Potato Head packing Mr. Potato Head's "Angry Eyes" (just in case) and well, the angry eyes are generally accompanied by angry eyebrows.

As I ride home from work on a nightly basis, occasionally I am on the same bus as a woman who boards a little bit north of my workplace... SHE has some SERIOUS angry eyebrows! And while ordinarily I wouldn't think much of someone having angry eyebrows, her's are different!

Why?

Because they are drawn on.

Yeah, this woman took the time to shave or wax off her natural eyebrows, and then drew on BIG, THICK, ANGRY eyebrows... I'm serious these things are harsh! (And she's an otherwise empirically attractive girl.) Part of me wants to tell her, "Honey, that shit looks awful, you might want to draw them on thinner, lighter, and higher." But that part of me is absolutely terrified of her because of the anger that is painted on her upper eye/lower forehead at present, and thus won't comment on the cosmetic choices of this stranger.

Speaking of angry eyebrows, and angry eyes, I'm currently directing my own angry eyes/brows at one of my student loan companies... They don't offer automatic payment options, so I am forced to remember when to send their check every month... This compounded by the fact that I didn't know the payments had started in February on this loan (instead of March, like all my other loans, and since I didn't get a statement from them until last week, I thought I was still ok on this one...) But they have since taken to harassing my 85 year old grandfather because they somehow got his phone number. Now you'd think that in order to harass a member of my family multiple times daily via phone that they were after a VAST sum of money, right? Nope... they just want $38.50, That's all. I shot my angry eyes/brows/voice in their direction AGAIN today and told them to stop harassing my elderly grandfather, and to call me directly if they had any problems with the account... Clearly they either had no idea who they were dealing with, or they knew exactly who they were dealing with and were rightly too afraid to contact me directly!

Bitches!

After all that, it was time for some retail therapy... So I shopped online and found some $200 jeans and some $130 jeans and got them for $40 and $30 respectively, and then I found other stuff to go with them... and now I feel better.

No comments: