Sunday, March 26, 2006

Yep. I'm kind of a dummy... and a bad friend.

Ok, first off, I would like to point out that I am kind of a dummy.

I was mistaken when I noted Beckett as a Cubs pitcher... He is in fact on the Red Sox, (The only AL team I actually follow, and while I'm not trying to make excuses, I think I just got mixed up.) I am only noting this here in addition to the comments section, because one of the things that makes me as awesome as I am, is that when I'm wrong I own it. When I drink too much and puke, I own up to it and admit that too... (Though as my sisters will attest this hasn't happened for a couple of years!)

The fact that I was wrong about a fact pertaining to MY TEAM has humbled me significantly. I must strive to make this error right. So either I have to find a way to engineer a Beckett trade to the Cubs, or I've got to go out of my way to humble more men with sports trivia. Seeing as I don't have any friends in high places with the Cubs front office, I'm thinking I'm going to have to keep being the sports girl and humbling men to incredibly decimating degrees...

Yep, that sounds like a plan.

Ok, and now that that is all out of my system, I would like to further own up to another misdeed.

I am a bad friend.

J-Dubs (aka Ling Wong) had a going away party on Saturday night, and I did not attend. Why? Because A.) I am a bad friend, and B.) I was not feeling well, and I went to bed at like 9 PM instead of seeing my friend off like I should have.

I'm sorry I missed the party Ling Wong... I'm an ass.

Crimeny, this post was just a giant slice of the ol' humble pie for me!

No comments: