Monday, March 13, 2006

R.I.P.

Yes, I am here to report that despite the stunningly beautiful weather here in Chicago, it is a sad sad day.

Murphy, my beautiful blue fish has gone on to greater things.

Murphy saw me through some very tough times, and was always a great listener, he never interrupted me when I was upset and just needed someone to talk to... Not once!

He was a delight, always cracking jokes, and humming to himself. And never in my life have I ever met anyone with such a gift for entertaining children.

Murphy was a bright spot in so many lives. He touched so many of us in so many ways.

He was a very special boy, and I think it is a safe assumption that he will be missed by all of us.

Murphy passed away at home on Saturday after a long battle with illness. Services are held on Saturday afternoon, they were private, and brief. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the Lizzle mourning fund. The funds will be disbursed at assorted beverage-service establishments, to aid those who knew Murphy in the grieving process.

And here are a couple of shots of Murphy in better times... because he would want us to remember him as he was!


No comments: