Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ummmmm.... YEAH.

Ok, so Mardi Gras was Tuesday. Yesterday was Wednesday, and I didn't post about it, WHY? Well, I'll tell you.

Things got a little crazy on Fat Tuesday, as things tend to do when I go out with Caroline. And despite the fact that I still had to work on Wednesday, I still stayed out until a little after 4:00 in the morning... And that's how our story begins.

Actually I suppose I should probably do a proper recap of the events of the actual Mardi Gras celebration, so I guess THAT'S where it really begins.

Tuesday - 5:05 PM - I leave work, calling Caro to see what time she wants to meet up... She doesn't answer, so I go home, have a light dinner, and wait to hear from her punk ass.

7:30 PM - Caroline calls, we agree to meet up at her place of business at 9:30 and proceed to the bar from there. In hindsight, I should have looked at this weekend-style starting time, and known that it meant trouble.

9:30 PM - I meet up with Caro, and after some chatting, we head out to the bar.

10:00 PM - A bowl of seafood gumbo, and a cocktail sit in front of me at our table.

10:25 PM - Bowl of gumbo and first cocktail are still on the table, both properly drained of their contents.

10:28 PM - Bowls and empty glasses are removed, and replaced by shots, which are also promptly drained and removed.

10:30 PM - Drinking really begins... (and continues to about 4:00 AM.)

Wednesday - 2:00 AM - The bar we started at closes, and we move on to another, seedier bar to round out the evening.

3:00 AM - I am ENTIRELY too drunk, and meet a guy who's name I can't remember, make out with him an OBSCENE amount. (Because when I'm that drunk, PDA rules kinda go out the window.)

4:00 AM - After-hours bar closes, and I proceed home. (No, the boy I made out with did not come home with me, so get your head out of the gutter.)

4:15 AM - I get out of the cab, and set my alarm clock (on my phone) as I walk into the front door of my building.

4:20 AM - I get stuff ready for my morning coffee, and jump into the shower.

4:35 AM - I actually go to bed. (Insert long period of sleep here.)

10:00 AM - I wake up...

10:00 and 3 seconds AM - I WIG OUT because I realize my alarm did not go off, and I was supposed to be at work at 9. I proceed to dress and apply makeup faster than I have ever done in my life.

10:10 AM - I call my boss to let him know that my alarm clock didn't go off, and that I am on my way to the office as we speak.

10:30 AM - I get to my desk, apologize to the boss again for being late, and I spend the day at work TOTALLY hungover. (Unlike SOME PEOPLE who called in "sick"... ::Cough Cough - Caroline. Cough::)

5:15 PM - I leave work only to go home, put on a movie, and crash, HARD!

So you see, I've been on a day-long hiatus with good reason.

Pictures from the festivities will follow in a later post, and I'm sending some to Caroline so that she will actually post about something for a change!

So that's that... and this is this. Here are some quotes:

"Seriously, how big are her tits? I knew they looked bigger! Jeez, I mean it looks like someone lifted up her shirt and shoved 2 throw pillows up there!" ~Caroline, on Kelly (aka Filthy Pig)

"OH, HI! Oh my god, you're my student! And I'm REALLY REALLY drunk... I hope I'm not so drunk that you end up seeing my boobs later!" ~Caroline

"You want to know the best part, it's all on camera!" ~The 7-11 clerk, after a rather amusing incident that will not be detailed in this post.

No comments: