Monday, March 20, 2006

The seething rage is PALPABLE.

As I went to get my lunch this afternoon someone asked me for directions as we stood waiting for the crosswalk signal to change... Here was the exchange:

Guy: Excuse me?
Liz: (In what I had thought was a rather innocuous answering) Yes?
Guy: DAMN GIRL! From the look on your face, I'd say you were ready to take a bite out of the world... or at least decapitate me.
Liz: Sorry... What did you need?
Guy: Uh, well, I just need to know if I'm going the right way to get to [point X]?
Liz: Yeah, it's a block that way on the left.
Guy: Thanks... and don't let the world get you down like that.



Now, I have to add that I REALLY REALLY hate when people make comments like that last thing... It's like when you're walking down the street and people look at you and say "Smile! It can't be that bad." Well let me tell you something. IT. CAN. BE. AND. IS. THAT. BAD. SO. SHUT. THE. HELL. UP. BEFORE. I. RIP. YOUR. FACE. AND. SCALP. OFF. AND. THROW. IT. INTO. A. SEWER. DRAIN.

Here endeth the current rant.

No comments: