Monday, March 20, 2006

Beer, Basketball, and the Lizzle...

I can capture my sentiments from this year's tournament in one sentence:

"CLEARLY, THE NCAA DOES NOT HAVE MY HEALTH AND WELL-BEING IN MIND THIS MONTH, THEY ARE MERELY TOYING WITH ME BEFORE THEY CRUSH ME, AND SEND MY ETERNAL SOUL TO BE DEVOURED BY SATAN."

Yeah... I think that about covers it.

Long story short, I drank beer, I watched basketball, I lost my sanity, and I did all of these things to an alarming degree.

And then, when it all came to a close, so that the players have a few days worth or rest before resuming their abuse (on me) I had a revelation... An important one, unfortunately not the kind I can put up here.

Basically, this prompted an almost simultaneous phone call to my mom, a lot of tears, and more questions than answers. Basically, the Lizzle needs a hug and some positive thoughts from you kids in the next couple of days.

Moving away from that, so as not to depress you, (as it certainly depressed me) I will note that I am now at work, there is nothing to do, there is nobody else here, and the only people who have called are people who work here... So why did I have to get up so early??

Oh hell, that's depressing me too... I think the hormones are outweighing any hope of good writing today... Sorry kids!

No comments: