Monday, March 13, 2006

IT'S BRACKET DAY!!!!!

Ok you crazy sluts! You know what today is... And if you don't, shift your eyes ever so slightly upward and read the title of this post.

That's right! IT'S BRACKET DAY!

Being the nerd that I am, I look forward to bracket day more than I look forward to Christmas! (And no, I'm not kidding.)

Bracket day is literally what keeps me from killing myself in the chilly, grey Midwestern winter months. (Again, no, I'm not kidding.)

Bracket day is a reason for me to go on living, when all else has failed me.

March Madness makes me crazy in a spectacular kind of way. And I do mean crazy, I literally lose my mind this time of year!

It is an excuse to spend whole weeks constantly refreshing ESPN.com for the latest scores and injury updates!

It facilitates 5-hour-long conversations with my former roommate, and compatriot in craziness, Kirsten, "The Admiral," who is made equally insane by a college hoops overload of epic, yet annual proportions. Kirsten has gone so crazy that she has literally taken a dump and wiped her ass with her bracket because she was doing so poorly *despite her hoops expertise. (Again, NO, I'M NOT KIDDING.) (*She is, however, INCREDIBLY gifted at predicting the 5-12 upsets EVERY year!)

Those of you who know me well, know that with the exception of televised sports, and Project Runway, I avoid TV with the same vociferousness that I avoid dog poop... (You know, occasionally you lose your focus, and find it in your immediate vicinity.) Well, you all should know that I actually went to the expense and trouble of having cable installed in my apartment this weekend so that I could actually watch tournament action from my own home, while drinking Guinness Extra Stout --Because you can't find Guinness Extra Stout ANYWHERE! Yeah, I haven't had TV since my move last May, and I brought cable TV into my home so that I could enjoy hoops and beer... If you know me, you know exactly how huge that is, and exactly what kind of dedication to a cause this kind of thing is for me!

Anyway, you get the picture... Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go fill out my bracket!

No comments: