Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I don't call that customer service...

Ok, I just want to know, do I have a sign on my back, or over my head or something that informs everyone else that it would be to their advantage to test my patience to the breaking point? Because while I am honestly non-violent much of the time, (in reality I'm almost entirely bark and almost no bite,) there are occasions when I feel like I've been driven to violent behavior... And in those cases I'm not the one to blame...

Well, last night I called about my computer because as you might recall, I took it in a few weeks ago for a problem... Last night's call-in effort was certainly trying my patience.

First, I called in, got forwarded to the wrong department, and sat on hold for 10 minutes before someone realized the mistake and forwarded me somewhere else, where I waited another 10 minutes on hold before getting fed up and trying to call in and go directly to the right department.

The second call, I got the right department right off, but was placed on hold for 15 minutes until their phone wigged out (for once it wasn't my phone) for whatever reason and hung up on me.

The third call, I got to the right department, was placed on hold, and waited for LITERALLY 30 minutes before anyone even asked what I needed. When he asked if I could hold I told him that I had just spent THIRTY MINUTES on hold, and if he wanted to tally up my previous efforts, I'd spent over an hour of my Tuesday night holding just to get an answer about my computer which was already two weeks overdue. He told me he was with the last customer and I shouldn't have to hold more than 5 or 10 minutes... So I begrudgingly said "FINE... Put me on hold, AGAIN." So I was on hold for another 15 minutes, and when he came back to help me, and I gave him all the requisite numbers, he tells me that my computer is still broken, and asks me if I want it to be sent out for repair. (I am absolutely, fumingly, insanely irate at this point.) I took a few deep breaths to keep from screaming so loud as to blow out his ear drums, and thus, in all liklihood ensure that he didn't hear me again this time, and I told him, "Listen, this thing was supposed to be DONE on the 13th. I brought it in on the 5th! IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE OVER TWO WEEKS AGO, AND YOU'RE ASKING ME IF I WANT IT TO BE SENT OUT TO BE FIXED????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

I think he understood at this point JUST how angry I was, because he then proceeded to tell me that he was only reading the orders on a computer screen, and if he looked for my actual computer that he might have more luck finding something out, and could he call me right back with an answer? (It's roughly 7:45 PM) "If you're calling me back with an answer tonight yeah, fine, but I don't want this crap delayed another day because of readily apparent incompetence." To which he replied, "Uhh, yeah, I'll call you right back!"

It's Wednesday morning, and I haven't heard back from the guy... The store has officially opened, and even as I type these words, I am on the phone trying to get answers... I'll let you know how it all turns out... Hopefully I won't have to go on a shooting spree, or purchase a lawnmower blade and hack people to pieces, since there is a waiting period to purchase firearms legally.

Ok, I just got off the phone, the computer is fixed, it's in, but nobody bothered to call and tell me about it. GREAT... GRAND... WONDERFUL.

I swear one of these days I'm just going to lose it and I'll start throwing sharpened bamboo poles into people's eye-sockets or shoving kebab skewers under their fingernails! I dunno....

2 comments:

Emery said...

Pretty helpful material, much thanks for this article.
loan calculator | coupons for groceries printable | club shoes

Julius said...

So, I do not really believe it will have effect.
sex secretary | wooden rings | French doors