Monday, April 17, 2006

I got tagged...

The lovely Marcia tagged me. Amazingly, in my 2 years of blogging this is the first time I've ever been tagged... Makes me feel kind of special... And makes me wonder why none of you crazy bitches wanted to tag me before!?!?!

So here's the story, complete with rules:

1. Go write weird facts/things/etc. about yourself in my comment box and on your blog, then tag six more people!
2. Then leave a comment that says ‘You are tagged‚’ in their comments telling them to read your blog.

(I would like to note that I am not putting my info in anyone's comments... but in this post instead, and furthermore, I will not be tagging anyone because most of the people who's pages I read regularly have either already posted this, or would not participate.)

  • In my bathroom there are 7 squares where the cream colored tile is interrupted and instead of a single large cream colored tile there are 4 smaller black tiles... I note this because I HATE THIS... I HATE IT A LOT! Seriously, what's wrong with those 7 random places on my walls? WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE BLACK TILES MIXED IN WITH AN OTHERWISE ALL CREAM-COLORED BATHROOM!?!?!?!
  • I have 2 house plants. They both have names. A "lipstick orchid" that I spent 2 years looking for, named Chloe, and a calandiva kalanchoe that I got from the office, named Rhonda.
  • I took up black and white photography in high school... I took more photography in college, and since then I haven't worked at all on my photography portfolio, largely because my manual camera is kaput. (And if you ask me, a manual camera is the only way to go when doing photography as a fine art...) But I really wanted to start up again when I saw this piece. (The little picture you see doesn't do it justice... but it is quite literally the sexiest photograph I've EVER seen.)
  • I haven't eaten beef in 8 years... despite the fact that certain members of my family refuse to acknowledge this fact, and I continually am expected to explain my reasoning to them... After 8 years, you'd think they'd accept it.
  • I believe there are a few different varieties of shoppers... In women, the most common varieties of fashion-oriented shoppers can be divided into 3 categories; there are shoe people, there are clothes people, and there are bag people. I am, and always have been, a BAG person... though I certainly don't neglect the shoes or the clothes.
  • I once administered CPR to and saved a pregnant 15 year old girl who's heart stopped as a result of seizures... She and her baby survived... I will never forget this because it happened on mother's day, and I thought about my mom the whole time.
  • My favorite confection is a Hawaiian Christmas candy known as Mele Kaliki Macs. They are hazelnuts coated in toffee, then covered in chocolate, and then dusted with powdered sugar... They are spectacular, and I actually can find something simlar at the local grocery store... it's not quite perfect, but it's pretty damn close!
  • Marcia already knows this, but I have a thing for those little garden gnome sculptures... I love them. I don't know why. I don't actually own one, but I want one REALLY REALLY bad... I have had opportunities to buy one, but the ones that were available were not the right gnomes for me.
Yeah, I think that's enough for now.

No comments: