Sunday, April 23, 2006

Weekend recap:

Friday: Work, which ended with my "three month review" (even though I have been there 4 months). Now while this was just standard operating procedure, and nothing to be scared of, it came at the wrong time for me on a personal level. I mean really, the wrong time. I mean nothing particularly awful was said, and my job is not in danger, or anything serious like that, it was merely constructive criticism that was pretty standard. But as I've already noted, the timing was just off... And before we move on, I would like to ask a question of you, my readers:

When in a situation when you EXPECT a little constructive criticism, which is by definition CRITICISM, do you all find it all easier to take if they save at least one point of praise for the end? I know I prefer to close out on a positive note, and not with a negative comment like, say, "You know, we've noticed that when you're busy, you tend to get a little snippy... so could we work on having more of an even keel no matter what you have going on?" -- And another thing, when you're really, genuinely busy, who DOESN'T get a little snippy? Not a single soul, or at least nobody that I know.

Ok, so since we established that the review came at a bad time for me on a personal level, and that we closed on a negative point, which I hate, so clearly, I thought my weekend was off to a bad start... So, being the optimistic, positive person that I am reknowned for being in my real life, and trying to keep my promise to the insurance lady about not slitting my wrists, I sought to go out and improve my outlook on life.

So I made a couple of calls, and I ended up totally drinking my face off at Mark's. (Don't worry, my face was only misplaced for a couple hours, and we found it under the sofa... I stuffed it in my purse to make sure I wouldn't lose it again.) And then I came home and went to bed because I had to work on Saturday.

Saturday: I woke up, admittedly still drunk, and cruised in to sling some flowers, and announced to the whole of the garden department, including the flower slinging staff and our clientele, "THE ENTERTAINMENT HAS ARRIVED, AND THE WORLD IS MY STAGE!!!!" And not to toot my own horn or anything, but on Saturday, comedically speaking, I was en fuego. And I am going strictly on the reactions of my co-workers... You can ask them if you run into them! Saturday evening I had dinner with Kerry, and came home for a serious shower and sleep.

Sunday, I spent the whole day helping Anthony repaint his apartment. (It was bright red and mustard yellow before, and now it's WHITE.) On the whole, the day was hilarious, and remarkably productive... I have a picture of his hot ass, up on a chair, doing detail work that I'll post later. We had a swell time, and a couple of friend-bonding moments, and for something that sucks as much as painting white over red and mustard yellow, we had a pretty damn good time doing it!

So tomorrow I will head back to the office, and I will try not to be snippy... I will try. I am not making any promises, because I know myself well enough, and am smart enough not to promise those kinds of instant results... I think trying is good enough for now.

No comments: