Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I'm officially nuts...

Ok let's ignore the fact that I keep track of people through their away messages... (I know that's a little stalker-ish, but I swear, I talk to 97% of the people on my buddy list!) Admitedly that's a little crazy.

And yesterday I fixed my panty hose with duct tape (don't ask)... I'd say this makes me more inventive and ingenious rather than crazy... Of course all that good is greatly overshadowed by the sheer trailer-park-goodness of fixing panty hose with duct tape... I SWEAR I'M NOT W.T. But I had to keep the panty hose on in order to keep the outfit pulled together, and applying duct tape at knee level kept the run from running any further and being visible under my pedal-pusher pants. (For the record I feel like a trashy dork for trying to rationalize this to you.) The fact that I'm telling you at all probably makes me a little nuts.

And today I get a phone call about my insurance... They have some questions about my medications...

Her: Hi, this is Susan from Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Me: Hi. What can I do for you?
I just need to ask you about your medications.
Ok, shoot.
Ok, so I see here that you have migraines?
Yes.
And you take drugs X and Y.
Yes.
And how often to you take them?
As needed... no real set schedule for migraines, you know.
Uh-huh, and do you take them for every headache?
No... Only the migraines, and usually I don't take them unless I know it's going to be bad.
I see... And what do you do for them when you don't take the medications?
Umm, you don't really have a choice but to ride it out.
Uh-huh... And I see you are also taking Ambien. (sleep medication)
Yeah... I take it on a rare, but occasional basis.
I see... and do you have any other psychological or nervous disorders?
Umm... None... I just have trouble sleeping sometimes.
And have you ever attempted suicide? Or been hospitalized for harming yourself or others?
JESUS! NO, NEVER!
And how often do you have suicidal thoughts?
Uhhh.... Never.
And how many times have you been hospitalized for depression, or other psychological disorders?
None.
And who prescribed this for you? Your primary care doctor, or your psychiatrist?
Umm, I don't have a psychiatrist... So, my primary care doctor.
And do you have any plans, appointments, or thoughts about seeing a psychiatrist?
No... I just have trouble sleeping on occasion.
So you have no intention of pursuing therapy of any kind?
NO, I JUST HAVE AN OCCASIONAL NIGHT WHERE I CAN'T SLEEP!
And have you had any family history of depression or suicide?
No.
Ok, that's all the information we needed from you. Thank you!
I guess you're welcome.
Have a nice day.
Yeah well, if I don't end up slitting my wrists after this conversation I'll try!
Ma'am was that a joke?
I just told you I DON'T have suicidal thoughts or tendencies, what do you think?
I have to be sure ma'am.
Yeah, it was a joke.
Have a nice day.
You too.

So apparently not being able to sleep makes me a certifiable threat to myself and those around me... Am I the only one who thinks that these questions were a bit much considering they stemmed SOLELY from a sleep aid?

No comments: