Saturday, April 29, 2006

I need to retire.

Seriously, this has turned into another working weekend for the Lizzle.

I have once again found myself hard at work on my weekend!

Nate gave me a weekend free from flower slinging, but instead of taking the "Lizzle time" that I so very desperately needed, because as I previously noted, I have spent every day since the 10th doing some kind of work, this weekend I have been helping Anthony with the packing and moving process. Why? Because as much as I might need a goddamn day off, I am unable to turn down a friend in need. Why? Because I am a good friend.

Its a curse.

I swear.

I help all kinds of bitches move, and I help people with just about anything else they could possibly want, need, ask for, and even those implied requests that kind of go unsaid... And 9 times out of 10 bitches do not reciprocate. So why do I keep doing it? Because my mom raised me to lend a helping hand whenever possible, no questions asked. Damn.

=================================================

I would also like to note that despite today's loss, the Loyola Men's Volleyball team put forth an incredible effort, and they played their hearts out. I know it's tough to come to grips with the idea that another illustrious season, and for some, the college volleyball career, has come to an end, but no matter what, you are all incredible men, and I love you guys!

=================================================

QOTD (Some real gems from moving day)

[FYI: Her name is pronounced TEE-HEE]
Tihi: "Liz, are you one of those renaissance women who can do anything?"
Liz: "Yeah, I've got all kinds of stupid random skills that come in handy."
Tihi: "Damn, you're just a jack of all trades!"
Liz: "Yeah, plus I'm pretty good with a bow-staff."

(I was dismantling a futon)
Tihi: "Liz, seriously, how do you know how to do all this?"
Liz: "What? You don't know how to operate a screwdriver?"
Tihi: "Not really."
Liz: "You just put the screwdriver into the little grooves on the screw, and turn."
Tihi: "Well, I know all about screwing..."
Anthony: "Yeah, but with your kind, there's usually no screwdriver involved."

Tihi: "Liz, I swear, if you were a dude, I'd totally marry you."

Tihi "HEY! I've got an idea! Let's lean out the window and flash people!"

Anthony: "UGH... Don't let me forget, I need to change out the shower head."
Liz: "You want me to do it?"
Anthony: "You know how?"
Liz: "It's not hard, you got a wrench? .... God, I'm such a bull dyke today!"
Anthony: "OOH! We're like a team... Bull dyke and queeny boy!"
Liz: "Yeah... Except I am not into vagina."
Anthony: "That makes two of us."

No comments: