Sunday, April 02, 2006

Springing forward is for jerks!

I hate daylight savings time! Personally I think we need to abandon this system... I mean really, I'm a big fan of that fall back stuff, that extra hour of drinking or sleeping time is great and all, but I don't think it's worth all the hullabaloo of adjusting my clocks twice a year and trying to catch up on my sleep for a week every spring. I think this mess is total BULL.

=================================================

Something else that is total BULL is the price of undergarments... And I'm not talking about the kind of undergarments you'd EXPECT to pay for...

I didn't exactly walk into LaPerla on Saturday. Instead, I decided to get outfitted with some new soccer gear. I went to my local sporting goods store, picked up some new cleats, some new socks, and a few other necessities including a couple of sports bras. (Because let's face it, keeping the twins safe and in order is rather important.)

I was somewhat shocked when I looked at the price tags for these items... I mean we're talking cotton, nylon, spandex... not french lace, or 24 karat gold woven into the fabric.

I paid more for a single sports bra than I paid for cleats... THAT'S INSANE! (And I got one of the cheaper ones!!) It's amazing what we women are willing to do in the name of boob management... But if managing them now keeps them from being around my ankles at age 40, then so be it.

No comments: