Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thanks to Kelly for the sweet new banners! (if you click the banner, you can go and get your own, because you know you want to be super-cool like me and have an awesome Nello Designs banner!)
Thirteen reasons why I can't wait for my family reunion!

1. Alcohol, in large, free-flowing quantities

2. My family, consuming that alcohol.

3. The hilarity that invariably, inevitably ensues as my family consumes that alcohol.

4. The hilarity that invariably, inevitably ensues as my family consumes that alcohol, and tries to play games involving trivia, charades, or money.

5. The hilarity that ensues when my family drinks the alcohol, and tries to sing karaoke.

6. The hilarity that ensues when my family drinks the alcohol and tries to play any kind of organized sport... The family softball game a couple years ago was the stuff of legend!

7. I'll get to see my brother and sisters, who I never get to see!

8. I'll get to see my peanuts, both old and new, because I never get to see them any other time either!

9. The annual reunion is held out on a ranch in kind of a remote area... which means when someone decides to drink too much and piss off the family, there aren't many people around to hear that person screaming for help... and it's easy to hide a body in the woods!

10. Did I mention the free-flowing alcohol?

11. I might be able to talk Tarreck into another drunken Cubbie weekend in the fall!

12. There's lots of food... and PLENTY OF (alcoholic) DRINKS!

13. What happens at the family reunions invariably NEVER stays at the family reunions, and if it was noteworthy, you can bet you're going to hear about it at every given opportunity for the next 15 years! (And it will almost certainly result in convulsions of laughter for everyone in earshot!)

No comments: