Sunday, April 09, 2006

The worst is over...

I know that when it comes to chores everyone has at least one thing that they absolutely hate.

For Nello, I know it's laundry. (That's a tough draw when you're a mother of 2 kids under the age of 4)

For me, it's dishes.

I HATE HATE HATE doing dishes. (I don't mind it when I have a dishwasher, but I'm doing them by hand these days because I don't have one in this apartment.) My detest for handwashing dishes was a tough draw for me back in the bartending days, especially considering the bar that I worked at didn't have barbacks... So we had to do all our own glass washing. (Not having barbacks is bad enough when you're packed and just trying to keep ice in the wells, but when you're absolutely slammed and you have to stop and wash glasses because you're out of pint glasses, or pitchers, or highballs ... Well it's a fucking nightmare... But we won't go there.)

Anyway, I hate doing dishes, as we have already established. And most of the time I do my dishes one at a time as I use them to avoid doing a whole sink full of dishes and glasses covered in grubbies. But for some reason, I have gotten totally lax with doing any kind of chores around my apartment. (I only did laundry last Tuesday because I needed clean soccer stuff for my game on Wednesday.) And today I tackled the beast! I did the dishes that I have been putting off for entirely too long. And now that they are all done, I am sitting here wondering why I put it off for so long, because it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, and yet I let them just hang out in the sink because I just couldn't bring myself to do them. So much of the day today will be dedicated to doing all the other chores I have put off for so long, because now that the dishes are done, the worst is over... It's all downhill from here!

And the other part of the day? I'm thinking I'm going to go to the park and run, and if I can talk anyone else into it, I'll work on my ball handling (FOR SOCCER... Get your filthy mind out of the gutter!)

================================================

I am also going to use this post to call out Caroline.

Caro mentioned the other day that she wanted to have a "Let's pretend it's warm" party.

Everyone who was there when she said it thought that this was a tremendous idea, and we were all looking forward to it... And as of now, we have yet to hear any more about it's acualization.

Let's hop to it Caro! I'd be happy to help you out if that's part of the hold up.

===============================================

I'd also like to congratulate my volleyball boys for clinching the regular season championship! This means that they get to host the division tournament, and hopefully playing at home will mean that we're going to the national championship where we belong!

Congrats guys! You're awesome, and we all know it!

No comments: