Monday, August 30, 2004

BANG-A-RANG RUFIO!

==============================

I don't understand boys... I REALLY REALLY DON'T! The new boy is a puzzle, blended with a conundrum, wrapped in an enigma. Fortunately he doesn't know about the blog, so I can vent all of this nonsense here.

So, we had a date Sunday... but to be quite honest I don't think I can call it a date. After a night of drunken fun with Alana and Ben, and a more than a little vomit on the bathroom floor courtesy of Josh (more on all that later,) The Phil-ster picked me up and we headed out to the Brookfield zoo. Now before we get into all of this, there are a few things that I'd like to make perfectly clear.

1) There are a lot of things I don't understand... Boys top the list, right up there with organic chemistry, the appeal of David Hasselhoff's music to the German masses, and the magical goodness of something so basic as Cheerio's... but I digress.

2) At no point did I ever, nor will I ever, say that women are easy creatures to understand... We are in fact, frequently irrational, many times quite illogical, and downright crazy beings who are utterly ruled by our emotions, our hormones (at varying times of the month), and really great sales at our favorite stores... Men on the other hand claim to be simple, and yet, despite being a well-educated, intelligent person, the more I see the less I understand about them.

3) It has become quite clear to me that the more opinons I seek or receive with regard to this matter, so far none of them tend to mesh well with any other people's opinions, so they are of very little ACTUAL use to me.

4) I would like to stress that officially speaking, this was only our second date... I say this because it's important for my readership to understand that I'm not venting all of this because I'm wigging out about it, I am just throwing it out there because I don't understand it... (If anyone has any revelations, or superb insight into the matter, please advise.)

Ok, so here's how it all goes down. We're rolling along on our way to the zoo, and with traffic and whatnot, it takes roughly an hour to get there. Conversation was good, I looked cute, breath is under control despite following a night of intoxication. The basics are covered.

So we get into the zoo. We have a map, we're wanting to go see the monkeys. So we go see the monkeys, and the rhinos, and the elephants, and the reptiles, and the birds, and the bats, and it wasn't until about three and a half hours into the outing that the boy made physical contact with me, and even then it was kind of an incidental touch that lasted no longer than one whole second.

The fact is, that after about one hour it became apparent that he was not going to make the first move in that regard... so when even moderately appropriate I kinda gave him little pats on the back, or leaned up against him to point out an animal or two, or three that neither of us immediately saw, and after a couple hours of trying that with no kind of reaction I began to wonder what the hell was going on... I didn't know if he thought I was invading his space, or what... But basically I got nothing! (And this just had so much potential...) Now it should be noted that the Brookfield zoo is a LARGE zoo, full of happy little families, frolicking children, and cute little couples holding hands, and me being the sentimental girl that I am, I tried to initiate contact a few times (Note: more than ONCE... it was multiple...) And after consistent, repeated efforts I began to get a little flustered. I mean is a little contact too much to ask? But here's the thing that really makes me wonder, the guy is a massage therapist, and he spends all day touching people way the hell more than a little hand holding... and I got nothing. And by nothing I mean NOTHING. (Do I have cooties? Did I spend the whole day with something large and green dangling from my nose? Did I say or do something to offend his delicate sensibilities? Afer 5 and a half hours in ANYONE'S company, a girl starts to wonder.) I mean I kissed him on the first date, and got close enough to him that he complimented the way my hair smelled, so it's obvious that I thought we originally had SOME kind of connection. Maybe I was wrong. I usually am when it comes to boys... and I am a bit of a makeout whore, so I don't know... maybe I imagined the whole thing.

Long story short, the first date felt pretty good, this one was pretty rotten, so I figure we're even right now. So he wants to go out this weekend, and I think that's going to be the one that really decides it for me... if it doesn't go well, then I might have to just cut him loose. I mean I'm all for protecting my virtues, but I mean GIVE ME SOMETHING!!! CRAP... and he was such a nice guy...

==================================

As for Josh and all his puke on the bathroom floor, just read Jen's blog... and be on the lookout for morning after pics coming soon.

Basically Ben's a champ, and we love him for Mr. mom for Josh.

==================================

QOTD
8.30.04 -
Ben: "Lizzle for shizzle my nizzle!"
Liz: "Benny! My ...uhhhh.... BENNY!"
Ben: "What? ...Sounded like you just had an orgasm there!"
Liz: "No no no, I couldn't think of anyhing that rhymes, or at least nothing that made any kind of sense while rhyming."
Ben: "Oh ok. I guess that was my wishful thinking"



No comments: