Sunday, August 01, 2004

So theLizzle wants more participation. Fair enough.

OMG I need a break from life! It's been soooo busy. This weekend was spent with Aaryn and much like last weekend there was not much sleep had, but fun aplenty. Friday night my group went to a small bar on the westside of Baltimore called Ottobar (or autobar or ottoSPACEbar... there may be an umlaut in there somewhere) . I've never seen so much black lipstick in all my life. Ottobar is where Goth kids from high school go to die. It was all very sad, but I've never been one to chalk up an evening, so i took the chance to learn more about the goth/punk persuasion. I was all like Jane Goodall or Dian Fossey and shit. I found the easiest way to earn the acceptance of the pack was to first gain the respect of the alpha males (the ones wearing the most black, with the most tattoos and the most piercing). This was harder than anticipated and I quickly learned that a single tattoo does not carry much street cred and that Modest Mouse isn't as underground as they used to be. What did work? Girly drinks. It seems that outsiders are most often given away by the cheap american beer in his or her hand. This was corrected with a rum'n'coke. Secondly I had to do something about my appearance. I looked far too respectable and stood out like a clean thumb. This was addressed by unfolding my collar, rolling up my sleeves as far as possible and dishevelling my hair. After that all I had to do was stand atop the bar and scream "Coldplay sucks! Long live The Pixies!" and I soon found myself invited into "the inner circle" which i found to be more of a triangle (me and two guys = triangle != circle). The only thing I brought home from the whole experience was a hangover and the word "Emo" which I've no idea the definition. Emo must be of an asian dialect because no one can tell me what it means exactly, only kindas and sortas. Some ass told me it stood for emotion or emotional, but thats too retarded to be true.

Saturday I went to a farm fair in north-eastern maryland which was more fun than I expected it to be. Aaryn was defiantly out of her element but was quite the trooper. Today i tore down the outboard from my boat for scrap. I had decided to get rid of it (where “get rid of” = "hide it in dad's shed") but a friend of mine said he would buy the powerhead from me and I desperately need the cash. So after removing the salvageable I went at the drive shaft and lower unit with a sledge hammer and blow torch. This was much fun.

In short I was "doing something" constantly this weekend, as i have the past few. I'm getting tired of "doing stuff" and need some "me time" or "lounging around" very badly. Unfortunately I don't see any of that in my near future. Next friday i'm off work to spend the day in delaware with my family (yay :(… Delaware is not the magical land you imagine it to be) then leaving for North Carolina that evening to spend the weekend with Aaryn's family. Sheesh.

Lastly... Michael Moore is an ass.

<>Love,
DJ Pan Blanco

No comments: