Monday, August 09, 2004

Drove down to N.C. this weekend for a Fisher Family Function (GF's grandmother's centennial birthday) and had a great time. Aaryn's clan is German and many flew into the states for the celebration and with them they brought beer. Cold. German. Beer. Mmmm. I took the opportunity to learn as much german as possible, but it was all lost to intoxication. No matter though, if i've learned anything in the past few years it's that EVERYONE, no matter their nation of origin, sounds the same after 14-17 drinks. Hooray beer!

North Carolina, on the other hand, sucked. Atleast the Burlington area near which we stayed did. Always ashamed to let a Saturday night go by without getting sloshed I drug Aaryn out to find the local watering hole. Applebees (however its spelled) was the only establishment we could find that sold alcohol in any form or fashion. This wasn't an option however, being that I won't drink at a restraunt bar (unless waiting for a table), hotel bar (unless waiting for a room) or an airport bar (unless... you've got the idea) because i've found the patrons to be pretty shady, depressing and very much the scum of the earth. The only cool thing I found in Burlington was a drive through liquor store. I've heard you guys have em in your part of the country, but there isn't a one in maryland. Dammit! It's genius! I bought two six packs and pack of smokes, not because i wanted to, but because i could. it was magic.

The best part of the trip was the drive. The new car runs great, handles like a dream and accelerates very well for a sedan. The leather seats, 12 disc changer, sun roof and tinted windows made it a very comfy ride. On the way back to baltimore I was tooling around with this turbo charged Neon for about 3 hours up route 85. We eventually hit real traffic and I thought I had lost him as he got boxed in pretty early, but to my surprise he showed up again 2 hours later at a McDonalds! Aaryn and I had pulled over for food and this guy walked right up to us and sat down. He intoduced himself as silver SRT Neon and asked if i drove a silver Grand Prix GTP. We talked about cars and such for about an hour while his gf and mine rolled their eyes. Had a great time. I got the car up to 120 mph on i95 before Aaryn started screaming. Girls are wierd.


No comments: