Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Well, Jen was ill today, and stayed home, and I went to class... day two was not so bad, but since it was the last day of the month, it also came with the realization of just how poor I am right now. Rent is due tomorrow, the credit card bills are due soon too, (don't get me started on them,) the electric bill is due, I gotta buy books, and I actually felt guilty spending fifty dollars at the grocery... THE GROCERY! I mean really... To those of you who REALLY know me, this part of the story will make you understand just how bad things are right now: C called and asked me to accompany her to the art store to make sure she got all the right supplies... while this in itself is really nothing, the fact is that the art store was having their annual fall sale, (50% off all canvases, 40% off selected brushes, and 50% off on the kind of oil paint I use... you must be joking!) The thing that killed me is that during the fall sale I couldn't buy a thing!!

On our return trip, we saw a Chicago police car half-blocking a lane of traffic on Sheridan (Yeah, up in the two six.) The policemen were still in the car, and were talking to the passenger of an automobile that they had apparently stopped. The policemen wrap things up, and as they pull away the man they had stopped to talk to must have said something, because the police car suddenly backed up suddenly, and without missing a beat the man on the street knew well enough to go ahead and put his hands on the hood... The cop gets the quote of the day... because it was just such a classic two-six scene. (The guy would have gotten off scott-free if he'd just waited for the cops to get another 10 feet away.)

QOTD
9.1.04 - "Alright, you fuckin' smartass..." ~Cop to an african-american man up in the two six...

No comments: