Friday, August 13, 2004

A special super-shout out to my momma!


Ok, so I'll admit it, I was WRONG! The other day when I talked about the terrible twos... I had no idea what I was talking about. The other day was a walk in the park. Tonight was the REAL definition of the TERRIBLE twos. Before was just your garden variety irritating kid stuff. Tonight was different. Every ten seconds there was something else, some new problem, something else that couldn't be solved without tears and screaming and ten minutes of whining. We were physically incapable of having mommy out of our sights, we dumped popcorn on the floor, and then cried when the dog started to come sniff and munch on it. I'll put it to you like this, I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY glad that I'm not a mommy yet, because if I were, I would also be a convicted felon who pulled a Susan Smith and drowned her children. I'm thrilled that at the end of the day I can pass him off to his mother and be done with it. GOD BLESS ALL THE GOOD MOTHERS OUT THERE! SERIOUSLY!

But today also had it's good points... in fact, it was a really awesome day up until babysitting time which was only from 4-8:30 PM. Why was it so awesome you ask? I got to sleep in, and my momma woke me up to tell me that we were "going on a quest"... I had no idea what the quest entailed, I was told to just blindly follow. So we got to the mall, and I got a pair of charcoal-grey pants, chocolate-brown pants, makeup, and we moved on. We grabbed some lunch at Shyler's and then went shoe shopping. I got some new running shoes for the impending school year, and momma was going to take me to the art supply store, but we figured that we would save that for tomorrow. She also informed me that tomorrow I would get my pedicure! YAAAAY! When we got home she then told me to go ahead and order myself some new undergarments! WOO HOO! Mommy is trying to spoil me rotten before I go back to school.... And I'm not complaining at all! I like being spoiled. My mommy is the best mommy ever... even when she's not spoiling me she's the best! (It's just THAT much better when she does get the chance to spoil me!) I love you mommy, thanks for not drowning me during my terrible twos!

Happy Olympic day!


Well those 4 and a half HORRID hours of tot-wrangling have worn this girl out. I'm going to bed... here's the quote of the day

Chi-town countdown: 7 days.



QOTD
8.15.04 -
Logan (The kid next door to Becky) : "Hey, I like your shirt!"
[Logan walks away]
Becky: "I don't know that he likes your shirt so much as what you've got IN your shirt."

No comments: