Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Ok, so a fellow from NYC who I don't know commented on my blog... so I found out where his blog is and I gave it a quick look... I won't lie, I was quite entertained... although it does seem that he has a blog-superiority complex going on, even if all else he says touts of a severe inferiority complex. (Hey, I guess we all have to have one thing we're good at, don't we?) You kids can see for yourself and be entertained like me because he really is quite a talented prose writer... so be entertained by amusing phraseology and funny stories by following this fun little link!

Personally I think Dave would have a lot of fun hanging out with this character... they seem to have quite a bit in common. I also found his AIM screen name and chatted with him briefly this evening... I think he was trying to hit on me via the internet... he asked me what I was wearing... but I digress.

I must say that I do sincerely apologize to my few readers for the recent lack of alcohol-related hijinx... since I went home there was very little alcohol involved, thus not doing justice to the happy hour portion of the title here. But I'm back now, people missed me, and school is starting up again, so look for a return to the drunken fun and general debauchery that I've apparently become infamous for. What can I say? I love life. And I think it's amusing that I'm becomming notorious for my enjoyment! (Which only brings me further enjoyment.) But yeah... basically I'm looking forward to the return of "the adventures of quasi-alcoholic Lizzle, and her trusty sidekick Lana-mama-Spoolie-Stephansen" and you should too!

Oh, and in response to the NYC fellow's question and to explain the next couple of sentences, I wore a black tank top, a patterned black knee-length flouncy skirt, and a white mesh cardigan.
Based on this description, I looked decent today... I actually put forth a bit of effort. That said, I want to just say that I was cat-called, whistled at, hooted at, and generally ogled by dirty old men... I was cat-called a total of 9 times by my count, the most amusing was the Puerto Rican literally LEANED OUT THE WINDOW of his van WHILE DRIVING to holler "Aye Mamacita!" as well as some other spanish jibberish which I assume would have been offensive if I could have understood it. Do guys REALLY think this is an effective ploy to tempt women into speaking to them? Do they REALLY? I can't imagine what woman would ever find this tactic to be so effective as to strike up a conversation with the cat-caller, and I really don't see much of a strong relationship being based on any such meeting... But maybe that's just me. I should also note that I don't think that this cat-calling free-for-all was because I really looked all that great, I just think it's a reflection of the neighborhood in which I currently reside... I should also note that if I was still up in "The 26" (to be pronounced "the two six" referring to my old zip code, 60626) I have a feeling that the tally would have easily been double... because I'm moving up in the world. Similarly, if I lived in Lincoln Park, I'd have likely only heard one or two cat calls, most likely from homeless men sitting at the bus stops.

In the next couple days I will update the links, I promise. In the meantime, I think I'm gonna skedaddle.

QOTD for today is under yesterday's entry.

No comments: