Monday, August 23, 2004

Ok, so I've been slacking, I've been back almost a whole day, and I've actually gotten very little done. I have not called Phil yet, I have not gotten my room all in order, I have not done any laundry, I am not unpacked, and I haven't gone to the grocery. I did however get cat-called by a skeezy Puerto Rican fellow... (something of the AYE MAMACITA persuasion)

Basically, I got home, I tried to get my room in some semblance of order... unsuccessfully. I went to dinner with Jen and Bret which was a virtual hotbed of quotes... and has firmly convinced me that Bret will be right there in hell with the rest of us. After dinner we worked on our computer problems for a bit, I put my new sheets on my bed (They are SPECTACULAR!) and we watched Euro-Trip before bedtime. So Jen went to bed, I talked to Alana for a bit and called it a night too. Here's the basic recap of my time at home:

I got home, I hung out with momma, the big bro, and the big bro's woman. Saw the little sis while she was in town to visit the big sis. Babysat the nephew for the big sis over the four week home stand. LAUGHED A LOT, because he is about 97% comedy, and visited with grandparents, and a few friends ... although not many, because I don't like most of the people I used to be tight with... Funny how that works... There was also a period of illness, a lot of spoiling at the hands of my mother, some olympic coverage viewing, momma's berfday-day, and a quick visit to see the poppage and company. It was a pretty good trip all around.

I'm not going to bore all of you with further details, but there were hilights and a few lows, but I had a good time, and I am glad to be back in Chicago... But if one more person asks me if I'm ready for school to start, I think I'm gonna snap... I've gotta go get some stuff done, so I'll post the quotes of the day that I'm behind on, and let that be the end of it.

QOTD
8.19.04 - "I've always taught my children to embrace the occurence of bodily functions... after all its natural, even if it's not always pleasant." ~My dad on speaking openly about "the slides"

8.20.04 - "Have you seen my baseball?" - My step-mom

8.21.04 - "Actually, I just wanna get it over with, I just wanna do it and be broken in." ~Alana

8.22.04 -
Jen: "Hey! Bret has 'Sex for Dummies' in his back seat!"
Liz: "Bret, are you a dummy when it comes to sex?"
Bret: "Wanna find out?"

8.23.04 - "Well, I wanted Jennie to come out with me to a movie, and she said she was going to do laundry, and since her grandma was living there, I told her to just make her grandma do it, I mean after all, what else does she have to do but wash Jennie's clothes and wait to die! And did Jennie come with me to see that movie, yes, I think she did!" ~Bret

8.24.04 -
Liz: "I think I'll take a shower and go to bed too..."
Jennie: "Dude, being clean is WAY over-rated."

8.25.05 - "Yeah, well, you'll be 4 months along with little Johnny." ~Leo on why I'll be getting married in a year


No comments: