Saturday, October 16, 2004

"The good lord giveth, and the good lord taketh away." --Damn skippy.

In talking to others about the events of the evening, I've gotta say it does seem that there is a kind of cosmic balance out there... and for every victory there is, in turn, a failure. I won't go into details, because I want to protect those with issues still outstanding here... I just wanted to note that I recognize the correlation.

====================================

I've also gone back and read some of my past entries, and I just need to say, WOW, I complain about my life a lot. And the fact is, I really shouldn't. I know that I also have my moments of self-depracation, but then there's the written evidence that I keep complaining about all this mundane crap that other people would be thrilled to have. So, yeah, I willingly and whole heartedly admit, I've got it pretty damn good right now. If I ever get into one of those complaining ruts again, someone just smack me.

====================================

A shoutout is due to Mark (my Mark Joseph) for his diving header goal... even though it wasn't enough to get the win, you're still my champion honey, way to be!

====================================

And another shoutout to Ciara Henderson, for being the 2004 Loyola University Battle of the sexes, and all time 3-point champ! We have known for a long time that you were a champ, and you showed them ALL tonight honey! WAY TO GO!

====================================

Jake Brown came within an inch of losing all Lizzle priveleges, and very nearlylosing his life when he called me this morning at 9:28 AM to ask me to get him a shirt at midnight madness. I told him I'd try, but there were a WHOLE LOT of people there, and it was really difficult to get a shirt for myself, let alone one to give to Jake, so sorry buddy... consider the fact that I couldn't get another shirt for you to be restitution for the fact that you called me so early in the morning to ask me for it.

===================================

I think after 5 days it is safe to assume that my dad forgot my birthday. I even tried calling him today, but the house line was busy and his cell was off...

===================================

I would really like to get out of bed before noon tomorrow, so I'm going to wrap this up with a quote or two and call it a night.

QOTD
10.15.04 - "Oh Lizzle, you and your many men... what ever will you do?" ~C-murda

10.16.04 - "Liz, thank you for listening to me and understanding me, even at 2:30 when I'm am really drunk and even my roommates get mad at me for waking them up!" ~Beth H.

10.17.04 - "Liz, that's so sad! Here! Happy Birthday! I'm your dad! ... does that do anything for you?" ~ Teresa N. (Jen also said a similar statement, but Teresa had the original franchise on it!)

No comments: