Sunday, October 03, 2004

Last night has forced me to ask myself one of the toughest questions life has to offer... "What the fuck?" Yeah, it's a very real question that I've never heard a good response to.

So what prompted the asking of one of life's great mysterious questions? You'd never guess unless you saw it for yourself... I know that there was no way I thought I'd ever be in a situation such as the one which prompted me to ask myelf "WHAT THE FUCK?" last night. So what the hell happened, you ask? I'll tell you. I established that Alana would be coming over later, so I didn't have to really worry about getting ready and going out, so I turned on the TV, began channel surfing to find something remotely worthy of my time, and I found something. Goodfellas! I love this movie... I've seen it many many times, and it never gets old, so seeing it on TV was not quite a big enough event in and of itself to prompt the "What the fuck" moment. It was however an event worthy of a "What the fuck" moment title when I realized what channel I was watching Goodfellas on.

"Bravo?" you ask?

No.

"AMC maybe?"

No.

"Well it is based on a true story, maybe it was on A&E or the History Channel or something?"

No.

"Uhhh... Well they cook in the movie, was it on the Food Network?"

No.

Basically you will never guess what channel it was on, because it had ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to be there... I've had 24 hours to think about this, and I STILL haven't got the first clue what the hell this film was doing on this channel. Think about it, think really hard! What is left? What channel has no business ever airing Goodfellas?

"Lifetime?"

Congratulations, someone get this nice person a cookie. Yes, that's right, GOODFELLAS WAS ON LIFETIME! If this doesn't qualify as a WHAT THE FUCK moment, I don't know what does.

============================

QOTD
10.2.04 - "I had to call someone, and you're the only one who REALLY understands me when it comes down to this sort of thing, so basically it was either call Liz, or call 1-800-SUICIDE." ~Kirsten "The Admiral" McLinden, calling after one of those very real sports tragedies yesterday.

10.3.04 -
Mom: "Are you going to need anything for your party next weekend?"
Liz: "No, mom, it's not here at the apartment, it's out in the bars, What could I need?"
Mom: "I don't know, a diamond tiara maybe?"

No comments: