Tuesday, October 26, 2004

WOW! Quite the day today kids. I survived my exam in medical ethics, even if I didn't have enough time to answer an essay that was worth 25% of the total points on the test. Yeah... I didn't even have time to address something that is worth 1/16 of my semester grade... (And can I just say that this was by far the most ridiculous test ever!!!)

I found out my oldest sister, Becky, is having a baby boy! (I know it's not what she wanted, but the way I see it Tyler will now have a playmate to keep him company and keep him occupied while she is pregnant with and eventually doting on her little girl when the time comes.) And Kim, my other older sister got a job at U of L, so she will be moving back to a familiar neck of the woods! Yay!!

Craziness! And as if that isn't enough, for those of you who remember Greg Stellatos, he's a model now. I didn't believe it at first either, but then I was directed to a copy of the October 25 RedEye, where I promptly located an ad for Carson's men's clothing department, and guess who was there, looking like a greek Ken-doll, smiling and plastic... You guessed it! Greg. Wow... what has the world come to?

================================

I had to write a paper on Roberto Clemente for Spanish class when I was in high school... Weird that I all of a sudden remembered that.

================================

I have the weirdest experiences on the El... The other day I was waiting on the platform and I'm not kidding you, there was a guy there who was spitting a LOT. He was spitting so much that I decided to see how many times he spit from the time I started counting until the next train arrived... The totals? The guy spit 573 times in the 6 minutes and 12 seconds before the train arrived. I'm not kidding!! FIVE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THREE TIMES! I was unaware that the human salivary glands could produce that much spit that fast! And today I was sitting on the El, reading the RedEye, and some guy totally throws his cell phone at me. I mean what the hell? (Fortunately for me his aim wasn't very good and he missed me by an inch or so, and his phone ended up clear at the other end of the El car. Combine that with some of my other stories and I just gotta wonder if I'm jinxed when it comes to the Chicago trains.

================================

QOTD
10.26.04 - "Ethics is tricky... oh and you can't kill people... so if that is what you want to do don't be a doctor." ~Fatty (I asked her for a brief synopsis of medical ethics... what was I thinking?)

================================

Go BoSox!

No comments: