Monday, October 25, 2004

This weekend was an exercise in procrastination... I knew going into this weekend that I had a busy week ahead. I knew that I had a 5 page theology paper due on Monday, a stats test on Monday, and a Philosophy of Medical Ethics test on Tuesday... After Tuesday I knew my week was as wide open as the head cheerleader's legs on prom night. Yeah, sure, I know all this, but do I take this into account when plotting out my weekend? Hell no. That's not my style. I'm a procrastinator. Putting things off is just an inherent part of my nature... always has been, and very likely will be in the future.

So Friday night after work, the last thing on my mind was what I'd be doing Monday. So Jen and I went to dinner and a movie. Saturday I had to go in to work for a while, and when I got home it was time to watch some World Series game 1 action, and get ready for AJ's party. Jake came over, and while he doesn't really drink, we all know that I am a corruptor. Nicole showed up shortly thereafter, and a round or two later we were on our way down to the party. We mill about for a little while, watch the rest of the World Series game, played some flippy cup, you know, the usual party nonsense.

I know I saw a girl fall off the swing in the living room, and I know that I, like everyone else, stood there and laughed rather than helping her up. (Yeah, I'm still going to hell, but you know what, I guarantee that if I'd have fallen off that swing, that girl wouldn't have rushed to my aid either...) I don't feel at all bad about giggling at her expense. My take on it is that if you're drunk enough to fall off the swing, you probably had no business being on the swing in the first place.

We left the party to go to Carol's (which we all know I hate, but since I was sharing a cab it really wasn't up to me) The cabbie did try to fuck with us, since he could tell we were drunk, but after a little debate he didn't charge us the full fare, and we'll just leave it at that. So there we are, at Carol's... and we can't get in, why? Because 26 year old Jake forgot his ID. Who does that? So we came home.

Sunday, of course, was a hangover-recovery day, with a necessary trip to Target, a brief appearance at an UGLY soccer game, a nice little nap, more procrastination tactics, and watching game 2 of the World Series. It wasn't until the 7th inning stretch that I even picked a topic for my paper. And at roughly 3 AM I finished that sucker off, admitted to myself that I didn't give a damn about my stats test, and went to bed.

I got up went to class, didn't do so hot on my test, went to jewelry but forgot my tools, so I played sick and left early, and killed a couple hours before night class. I then went to night class, got my quiz back, turned in my paper, signed in, and bailed at the earliest possible moment.

So that Medical Ethics test tomorrow? Yeah, I'm not actively studying for that either, now, am I?

=================================

A couple of quick notes on the subject of boys:

1) I seem to be unable to seduce the boys I do want, and unable to get rid of the ones I don't want... why?

2) (For those of you in the know) You know that boy I've had a crush on forever? Yeah, I think today I came to the conclusion that I'm over that... time to find a new one. (Wink Wink)

3) Dave loves me, but he is thrilled to be sleeping NEXT to other girls... I just can't win.

=================================

Ashlee Simpson is a lip syncher... and she so recently made public statements about how she was very anti-lip-synching.... For shame little Ashlee!! For shame!

=================================

QOTD
10.25.04 - "Rim job, what?" ~Alana.

No comments: