Sunday, October 31, 2004

Something other than sober... and getting progressively less sober as time ticks by. (please excuse my rambling/babbling/poor typing)

Yes, kids, that's right, it's Halloween night. Sunday. I have class in the morning. Do I care? NO. And why is that? Well, I was talking to my sister about this, (and Ben a little earlier on in the day...) and we've determined that senior year is worth fuck all. Yup. I've already taken the hardest test I'm going to have all year, and I got an A- on it despite only having REALLY studied about 2 hours for it, and so that doesn't really bode well for my study habits for the rest of the semester. The only class I really care about is Jewelry... and that makes me wonder if my collegiate career hasn't been horribly misspent studying the wrong field. However, I really don't think my dad would look too highly on having an art student/artist kid... (Not that I really care what my dad thinks because... well, he's a tool. And, oh yeah, he forgot my birthday.) I know my mom will sing my praises no matter what I do... being an academic, an artist, a lawyer, a nun, she wouldn't care as long as I was happy... and that's what makes my mom SO AWESOME. (And we all know that ALL my friends LOVE my mom, and are jealous because my mom is WAAAAAY cooler than their mom... But I digress.)

So yeah, my senior year is loaded up with entirely core classes, so that leaves me with every excuse to go and get personally loaded up on whatever substance happens to be handy... (almost always large amounts of alcohol... though pills have far fewer calories, so I might consider switching up) Basically my senior year has exacerbated any "problem" that I might have ever had with substance use/abuse. I don't think I have "a problem" for numerous reasons which we won't get into now, but I just think the fact that I don't give a damn about school anymore has made me much more willing to focus on having a good time rather than that whole "academic achievement" thing. So that's what it's about these days... and I know MANY of my friends who feel the same way.

I mean Dave loves me, and I love him... so I've got that angle handled. I've got one really supportive parent, so I'm handled there. I've got great siblings, awesome friends, a swell roommate, an entertaining job that might not pay much, but it keeps me busy and amused, and life is good. Right? (Well except for those pesky classes that interfere with the cooler parts of my day.)

So what makes these classes such crap? Well basically my sister and a few of my friends understand where I'm coming from here... I'm not trying to toot my own horn by any means, (those of you who really know me know that's not my style at all, I'm self depracating, if anything...) but basically, I'm a lot smarter and more creative than a lot of the people I'm forced to be in class with. (This is especially true of core classes since I'm stuck in with underclassmen who are trying to get the core out of the way before they decide on/develop their major.) My sister, and a few of my friends are smart enough to have the same kind of issues with people in general... because the vast majority of people really aren't that bright. (To your credit, if you understand the humor used in the entries on this page, you are automatically several points ahead of a lot of people!) I'm babbling again.

===========================

Here are the quotes of the day:

QOTD
10.31.04 - "I dont like penguins ... penguins are scary!" ~Alana

11.1.04 - "Umm, it's kinda like the library" ~Emily (I'm going to be the only one amused by this one, sorry)

===========================

And a couple of fun links.

Harry Potter Puppet Pals


Penguin pokin' fun (three different endings kids!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is in reality a great and helpful piece of info. I'm glad that you just shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

Feel free to visit my webpage; twitter password

Anonymous said...

http://grand-jury.org/sites/buyvalium/#28977 75 mg valium - migraine medication valium