Friday, October 29, 2004

OK, I love my friends, they are quite possibly some of the most fabulous people that the world has ever known, but I'm sure that there's at least one person out there who can identify with me here... There is a bit of a problem when 2 of your friends start dating each other.

Yeah, this has to do with Benny and Spoolie. Lord knows I love them both immensely, and nothing (Even them dating each other) will change that. However, I have a bit of a bone to pick. I was drinking with them this evening, and definitely found myself in that awkward position where there was really nothing else to do but pretend I hadn't heard what was said, or plug my ears and start singing "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!" (Yeah, this is something that most of us haven't done since roughly age 8, but hey, we all have our limits.) There are just certain lines you can't cross in this situation.

Yes, it's true, when your friends date people you expect, if not desire, some of the juicy details... however when your friends are dating each other, this is not the case. Why is that? Well, I think it has to do with the fact that when you're only friends with one person you can focus on the details being given to you about your friend's new love rather than thinking about your friend in the situation. This changes, however, when your friends date each other. I think it's akin to sensory overload. Because no matter what is being said, or who is saying it, they are still talking about one of your friends... just an ugly situation... although it does (at times) provide some very high comedy for all.

Like I said though, the relationship talk not withstanding, Benny and Spoolie still dwell in that special unimpeachable place in my heart (Dave recently relinquished his position in this prestigious cabinet of numerically limited, but otherwise supreme members)...

================================

Since Dave got himself fired, I'll be forced to marry this boy, because he proposes to me every day... This is a sad day for me because we all know that I am not a fan of dating, let alone marrying, a significantly younger man. It just ain't my style.

================================

I should note that I am rather disappointed that nobody had anything to say about the social sadism theory.

================================

I find that I drink a lot on weeknights, and I'm ok with that.

================================

QOTD
10.29.04 - "You know, Liz, I think Jennie drinks WAYYY more now with you than she ever did when she went to IU... Except for maybe that semester when she turned 21" ~Nicole

10.30.04 - "Oh, don't let me interrupt you! I hate to impose on your drinking!" ~ My mom.

===============================

Waz is going to be "A big tool" for Halloween... (HIGH COMEDY) But, hey Waz, I thought you kids set specific rules for this trip which stated that you couldn't dress up as members of the coaching staff... Was I wrong?


No comments: