Tuesday, October 12, 2004

When all was said and done, I had a tremendous birthday celebration!! After near-constant consumption of alcohol, heavier-than-normal liver abuse, and an unusally high rate of me personally abusing my extremeties for the past week or so, it was nice to have a night when we could go out and have a nice quiet dinner, a couple of drinks, and come home for a nice little piece of my birthday cake. I only hope that the rest of my birthdays are as wonderful. (but with fewer injuries.) Thanks again everyone!

I also came to find out that the damage done to my chin was not in fact the result of me taking a drunken header alone on the dance floor. (That would have been WAY more embarrassing than what actually happened.) The actual event was when Alana came at me and I basically "turned-linebacker-on-her" and basically tackled her in celebration of my birth. It's always better to know that when you went down and don't remember it, it was deliberate, and you took someone else out with you in the process, so you didn't stay there on the floor all alone looking like a total ass. (Although I have no doubt that I looked like an ass anyway, but damn it was a good time!)

Mom sent numerous IMs and called me a total of 8 times on my birthday... my dad didn't call at all. (I'm pretty sure he just flat out forgot, and if he doesn't call by Thursday, I'm going to call him up and make him feel like a tool.) I also got a few calls from folks who had laid down to go to bed when it suddenly dawned on them that they had forgotten to call, so even though I said thanks to you kids while I was talking to you, I just want to thank you again for the special effort!

I do have to say that I'm kind of upset that Christopher Reeve went and died yesterday, because my birthday was the day the nation spent mourning the loss of Superman. Superman isn't supposed to up and die on you... and certainly not on your birthday!

Anyway, I love all my brilliant family, friends, and friends who by all rights should be considered family, who made this birthday one of the best ever. REALLY! You are all so awesome, and I only hope that you know how much it all meant to me. If I can help make your birthdays even half as great as my own, then I'd consider it a total success!

I am worn out though, so I'm going to give you a quote and call it a night!

QOTD
10.12.04 - "I'm going to go over there, because I have to fart now, but just know that I'm only doing that because it's your birthday... on any other day I'd have stayed right here to do it!" ~Name withheld at quoted's request


No comments: