Tuesday, October 19, 2004

You know those times in your life when you're talking to someone and afterwards you find yourself saying, "Damn, that was straight from a movie scene." You know what I mean don't you? These are the times in your life when you're talking to someone and the words they pick couldn't be any better, so it seems like the script writers of your life just had one of those brilliant, stroke-of-genius moments where the reality is so perfect it couldn't have been scripted better even if you had 50 takes of the same conversation... I love those moments. And every time I have one, I turn it over in my head for days on end... like a perfectly composed work of art, or sculpture, examining it from every angle, observing the polish of cadence and verbal rhythm, and luster of the words, the utter perfection of the conversation.

I'm sure you've had one of these moments in your life, everyone has, even if you didn't take the time to appreciate it when it happened.

Well, I had one of those today. I was talking to a guy who I have maintained a long-term friendship with, but who I have never dated, and we were talking about why we never got together... It's just these kinds of conversations that generate those movie-scene moments... I'm going to keep the details of this conversation to myself for a little bit, (At least until I discuss it with the boy to make sure it's ok with him if I post the details... I'd understand if he didn't want them up on the internet) But I just gotta say, thanks honey, even if nobody else ever knows what was said in that conversation, it was an amazing dialogue that I will never forget! You're amazing and I love you!

As for the rest of you, I LOVE Jon Stewart. I LOVE HIM! For those of you not already familiar with this stuff, he was on CNN Crossfire on Friday of last week. If you didn't catch the appearance here it is, all linked up for you! It's about 14 minutes long, but well worth EVERY SECOND if you have a brain in your head. And if you've got another 3 minutes or so after you're done watching that, then I encourage you to watch this clip, where Jon talks about his appearance to his Daily Show audience, VERY FUNNY!

And with that, kids, I bid you adieu, because it's 9 PM on a Tuesday, and I already took the only exam I had this week, so it's time to go out and get toasted! (I hope some of you won't hold the multiple drunk dials against me... I try to entertain you. If you get multiple calls in a two week period, just know it's only because you're so very very loved!)

(Wink, wink!)

No comments: