Thursday, December 15, 2005

A desperate woman, a desperate act!

I am pretty sure that there is something wrong with me!

Here's how I know.

I went into the office today. And I trained with the girl who's position I will be taking. All of that went well enough, and I'm not worried about the job at all... but I am worried about something else!

The wardrobe.

As I sat there, I thought about my fine selection of beautiful clothes... and I got worried.

I realized that I don't have anywhere NEAR the wardrobe that this job will require. Yeah, sure, I have plenty of clothes that would be fine if I were working in a tanning salon, or some other job that didn't require much in the way of wardrobe effort. And yeah, I'm fine as far as having hot outfits to wear out on the town, but REAL dress clothes are another issue.

It's winter in Chicago, and I don't think my ample supply of cute skirts are going to fair well in these chillier times. Of course I can get by wearing mostly sweaters and dress pants, but I'm going to have to work on improving the selection... That is a noted fact.

In addition to the clothing, I nearly had a heart attack when I realized I only have 3 pairs of shoes that are really apropriate for an office environment.

3 PAIRS!!! NO FREAKING WAY!!!

One is the pair of croc mules that we all know I love. But those need new heel caps! Another is a pair of cognac-colored Enzo mules. They are too big, but I love them anyway. And the third is a pair of black Enzo heels that just SCREAMS "I WORK IN AN OFFICE DOWNTOWN, BITCHES!"

But as any woman can attest, 3 pairs is simply not enough.

So what did I do? I went shoe shopping.

I ordered three more pairs of shoes... two for the office, and one for my own amusement. (Because they were a hot pair of Charles David heels, and they were on sale for something next to nothing!)

They will be here in a few days!

The act of desperation came into play when I actually had to order the shoes.

We all know that since I'm poor, I don't pay for my internet service. (GOD BLESS WIRELESS!!) So, when I went to place my order, the wireless wigged out, so instead of taking it as a sign from god that I shouldn't be ordering shoes, I intstead, packed up my computer, and ran downstairs, and OUTSIDE because I knew the wireless signal would be good there, and I placed my order.

And as I sat outside, (shivering because I was too concerned with my shoes to think about grabbing a coat,) awaiting my order confirmation, I thought to myself... "Look at me, look at what I've been reduced to! This is truly an act of desperation... like throwing a baby from the window of a burning apartment!"

It was an emotional connundrum... I was elated at having more FABULOUS shoes in the line-up, but I was saddened by the state of affairs that constituted my ordering status.

What am I going to do with myself!?!?

1 comment:

Joshua said...

So, I do not really imagine this is likely to have success.
discount rental car codes | seagrove beach rentals | table linen rentals